Occasional Contributor

Re: Presentations by Meredith Lawrence on Holiday Programs

I found her when flipping thru channels, I stopped to listen and found myself learning new cooking techniques and she was selling me on products she was using. It was more interesting than anything I've watched on the Q in a long time, in fact I haven't watched their cooking shows because they have been boring. 

If if she had her own show and used the format I watched over Christmas, I'd be a fan!

Honored Contributor

She had a short series a couple summers ago, but it never went anywhere.  David is so successful he is hard to compete with.  Personally I like watching her more. 

Regular Contributor

I also really enjoyed watching her videos and learned valuable tips! Loved the one where she showed how to use parchment paper to bake fish. 

Regular Contributor

I happen to catch some of her presentations too....they were really interesting. I like when she is on. I would like to see her do more actual cooking segments and less from the Temptations lady & David

Frequent Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

I happen to catch some of her presentations too....they were really interesting. I like when she is on. I would like to see her do more actual cooking segments and less from the Temptations lady & David

She is great! I world like to see her do more of this too. I think QVC is missing a good opportunity here.

Respected Contributor

She is a great cook but doesnt have great charisma. She would do better on PBS where serious cooks go to learn. QVCs carnival barking atmosphere doesnt play well to her serious nature.
Honored Contributor

I think she works well with David, and other hosts. If David is on vacation I would rather see more of Meredith and a lot less of David's substitutes, unless the sub is Mary.

She has plenty of likeability/competence factor for me. Charisma (which is in the eye of the beholder of course) has never sold me anything on QVC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

Meridith's holiday presentations were outstanding. I just randomly came across them, and they were sooooo great. She is a wonderful teacher and I enjoyed all of the receipes and tips. She is outstanding and at he best thing on QVC. She is funny and quiet and so great .

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
She is a great cook but doesnt have great charisma. She would do better on PBS where serious cooks go to learn. QVCs carnival barking atmosphere doesnt play well to her serious nature.

Well, if having great charisma means doing the happy dance, I'll take Meredith without it.

Frequent Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I think she works well with David, and other hosts. If David is on vacation I would rather see more of Meredith and a lot less of David's substitutes, unless the sub is Mary.

She has plenty of likeability/competence factor for me. Charisma (which is in the eye of the beholder of course) has never sold me anything on QVC.

I like Meredith a lot and to me she has charisma.

I agree with your post @Moonchilde Smiley Happy