Honored Contributor

@handygal2 

I did my return the old fashion way---used QVC's return label and had USPS pick it up....I even got an email stating ...."Your return is on its way", with a block to click and track the status.......  My shipping is being refunded since they sent me someone elses order and invoice....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Prepaid Returns 👎

[ Edited ]

I always shop around before buying anything from Q and 98% of the time, find the same products at lower prices, promotion codes/coupons, and free shipping/returns.

I rarely use Q's return label.  It's for the slowest possible mail option, is not trackable, and relies on 3rd parties to move it from place to place.  

I'll pay an extra dollar or two and print priority mail postage at USPS.com.  My mail carrier will take it and it has tracking all along the way.  

Sending back a return is also processed faster when I use priority mail.  I had to return something two weeks ago and it was processed within 24 hours of receipt.  It would have taken weeks if it had a Q return label on it.

Esteemed Contributor
@Sooner. This is true. Free is ever free
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prepaid Returns 👎

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2  A few months ago, you could copy and paste the long tracking number (not the post office tracking number) on your return label and put it into the tracking system on Newgistics to see what was happening with your package. Now that Newgistics is part of Pitney Bowes, you cannot do that. QVC did make an improvement to Tracking in your Orders and you used to be able to click on Track Your Return and see where your package was. I noticed that starting at the beginning of October, this Track Your Return feature is not working. After several days, I put the post office tracking number in USPS tracking box and if it has been picked up and is moving (and it's been about 2 weeks since I dropped it off), I copy the post office tracking information and email the QVC Social Team, including my order number, reason for my return and how to do the refund (to the original method of payment) and ask to cancel the remaining Easy Pays, if you used Easy Pay. Sometimes I forget the latter and the mods write me that they cancelled the Easy Pays, too. The mods are very kind and helpful if you are having a problem! 

@EdithEllenLily - You can definitely input your QVC Return Label tracking number (either the shorter USPS version or the long QVC version) on the Pitney Bowes website at https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track to see the progress of your return shipment; the site URL has changed since Newgistics was bought out, but the tracking system is the same and so are the details generated. And I'm surprised that you are not having luck using the "Track Your Return" link here at qvc.com since it was just repaired and made functional in the past month or so after being broken for almost two years—I love the fact that I can now get my information here without having to go to another website.

But you're absolutely correct that once your package has been delivered to QVC (and sometimes after it has been picked up by the shipping agent...it seems to vary a bit based on the vendor/product), the easiest and fastest way to get a refund is to reach out to the lovely QVC Social Team. They really are the best!

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

When you buy something there is a price for it.  There is a total amount.  Shipping is never "free" and return shipping is never "free."

The company buys each item from a manufacturer at a set price.  And they have a set amount of profit--a profit margin.  They have figured up how much they need to profit from each piece to make a certain amount of money to stay in business.  

Figured in are all costs:  advertising, shipping, handling, packaging, returns, etc.  So there is a selling price.  If they are going to advertise free shipping, they are not going to ship it and not charge you.  Shipping is a built in expense.

You get a certain quality from a certain company for a certain price.  And everything is included in the price.  Get my drift?  You are always going to pay their price to get it to you and to accept returns. 

FREE returns look good on paper but are always charged to YOU one way or another.  In the service, in the quality of the garmet etc.  It is ALL paid by the consumer.   If the shipping is "free" they are simply paying less for the product in the first place. 

Common Sense! They get their money one way or another!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2  A few months ago, you could copy and paste the long tracking number (not the post office tracking number) on your return label and put it into the tracking system on Newgistics to see what was happening with your package. Now that Newgistics is part of Pitney Bowes, you cannot do that. QVC did make an improvement to Tracking in your Orders and you used to be able to click on Track Your Return and see where your package was. I noticed that starting at the beginning of October, this Track Your Return feature is not working. After several days, I put the post office tracking number in USPS tracking box and if it has been picked up and is moving (and it's been about 2 weeks since I dropped it off), I copy the post office tracking information and email the QVC Social Team, including my order number, reason for my return and how to do the refund (to the original method of payment) and ask to cancel the remaining Easy Pays, if you used Easy Pay. Sometimes I forget the latter and the mods write me that they cancelled the Easy Pays, too. The mods are very kind and helpful if you are having a problem! 

@EdithEllenLily - You can definitely input your QVC Return Label tracking number (either the shorter USPS version or the long QVC version) on the Pitney Bowes website at https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track to see the progress of your return shipment; the site URL has changed since Newgistics was bought out, but the tracking system is the same and so are the details generated. And I'm surprised that you are not having luck using the "Track Your Return" link here at qvc.com since it was just repaired and made functional in the past month or so after being broken for almost two years—I love the fact that I can now get my information here without having to go to another website.

But you're absolutely correct that once your package has been delivered to QVC (and sometimes after it has been picked up by the shipping agent...it seems to vary a bit based on the vendor/product), the easiest and fastest way to get a refund is to reach out to the lovely QVC Social Team. They really are the best!

@loriqvc Thank you for the tracking link to the Pitney Bowes company. This will be very helpful moving forward! @handygal2  See above for the tracking link. I hope it is helpful to track your return.

@loriqvc The "Track Your Return" function in the order status worked until the beginning of October. It does not work for me anymore (spins around and says Not Available). Instead, I will use the Pitney Bowes link you provided and the USPS site tracking to check on my returns. The QVC Social Team is wonderful; however, there are some situations where they cannot process the return until the box is opened (they explain it to you).