Occasional Contributor

And some unfortunate people are born with pidgeon toes.  I am one of them.

Trusted Contributor

@lizzieborden wrote:

And some unfortunate people are born with pigeon toes.  I am one of them.

Not the intention of the OP.

Doing it on purpose vs being born with it is the point.

Trusted Contributor

Standing pidgeon toed is actually known in body language circles as a form of submission, because it makes you appear smaller and less aggressive.

There are many articles on this.  Lipstick Alley says that standing pidgeon toed does for the body what a smile does for the face.  

Frequent Contributor

To those whom I may have offended, I apologize. My original comment was definitely not directed to anyone who is pigeon toed, knock kneed, or anything else. None of us are perfect. Please forgive me for the misunderstanding. My comment referred to hosts adopting a pose that is not their natural way of standing. I also know what it is like to work at a job where you are on your feet, after teaching for 32 years. I've also been a cashier and a waitress as I worked my way through college. All of these jobs required being on my feet for much longer hours than hosting a qvc show. Thanks to those who disagreed in polite and civil ways, and to those who recognized that it's just.my opinion as a QVC watcher and observer. As we all know, we aren't always shopping; sometimes we're just watching. Have a great day!

Frequent Contributor

I agree.It looks very juvenile,like Lily Tomlin when she played “Edith Ann”....a little girl.Not very professional imo

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

To me, it just looks unlady like!  It seems there are no proper appearances any more for some.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC unkind

Contributor

I agree 100%.  Turning your legs inward to look "pigeon toed" is supposed to make you appear smaller, look thinner in the legs, while leaning forward and jetting your "bum" out.  Several do this crazy pose and it looks unnatural, awkward and painful when they actually do not physically have a toe, foot or leg condition.  All in the name of appearing thinner, youthful or cool. 

Super Contributor
I was always taught as a lady to stand with my legs together. Wont mention names but one women or a few stand with their legs so far apart i never coyld quite figure it out ! Very strange , they are not pn the cover of an editorial magazine. .....