Honored Contributor

Re: Posters Self-Moderating vs. Deletion

And really... why is that 'please remove bashing' thread even still there at all? They closed it to further content days ago, it's all of about six posts long and leaving it there at all just seems ridiculous...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 stevieb said:

And really... why is that 'please remove bashing' thread even still there at all? They closed it to further content days ago, it's all of about six posts long and leaving it there at all just seems ridiculous...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Maybe they really, really want us to know that they're "sorry some were saddened by some of the topics."

Respected Contributor

The graphic is gone.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Golfcartrider - I did not and do not hit report inappropriate on graphics. I said what was on my mind, I left it at that.

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 MJ 12 said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Maybe they really, really want us to know that they're "sorry some were saddened by some of the topics."

That would be my take too... They want us to know, as Dr. Frasier Crane would say, 'they're listening'... And watching... And omnipresent... And in charge...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Golfcartrider - I did not and do not hit report inappropriate on graphics. I said what was on my mind, I left it at that.

I did not say that you reported, The comment you made ( tone of your comment) said to me you did not like my picture. And the wink from another said the same thing.

That is what we are talking about, sometimes the tone of a comment can be viewed in many ways.

I went in and deleted the graphic myself.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 golfcartrider said:

I did not say that you reported, The comment you made ( tone of your comment) said to me you did not like my picture. And the wink from another said the same thing.

That is what we are talking about, sometimes the tone of a comment can be viewed in many ways.

I suspected that you might have...

My wink implied a mutual understanding with MJ12, and actually had very little to do with the picture itself...

Smile

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 golfcartrider said:

I suspected that you might have...

My wink implied a mutual understanding with MJ12, and actually had very little to do with the picture itself...

Smile

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Another thought: there are posters who seem driven to start or to participate in many threads and the moment anyone disagrees with them or chooses to argue a point, however reasonably, they then default to labeling others as 'bashers', 'hateful', and the like... I know not whether those of that ilk are merely arrogant where their points of view are concerned, are unduly thin-skinned or are something more pathological, but really? Are we all to now be held hostage by that sort of mind-set, and again, to the lowest common denominator?

ITA. Bingo.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Some just like to keep stirring the pot.

Don't worry, be Happy!