Regular Contributor

Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Posh Presents

[ Edited ]

@10000Nicknames wrote:

I love QVC, but between Holidays with Jill and this posh presents show, they just tried too hard to fill Lisa's shoes. I think trying all new shows would have worked much better IMO. 

It appears they're incapable of having an original concept, but if they weren't, they'd have done better to simply come up with new ideas rather than try to fit round pegs into square holes... And, of course, with the posh show, there was the added drawback of not offering much that met the criteria for 'posh'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:
I have never liked this faux party format. Sorry, but don't agree about Janes look. I said on another thread that she looks like she stepped back in time 200 years and is at the Highland Games in Scotland. I'm just waiting for the bagpiper to start playing.

I agree. The faux party thing has never had any appeal. Even when they did the 'red carpet' thing from LA and there was an actual party going on in the background it was lame. I mean really, who wants to sit and watch a party in progress...? I used to enjoy the show when it was a remote from New York and called "Posh in the Park" and featured snippets of NYC decked out for Christmas. QVC's efforts to do anything outside the box appear to be yet another part of its history.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I feel that next year either bring back Lisa R. For the posh presents or just do away with it altogether !  There is no host that can really do this type of show and do it justice like Lisa could , she just somehow had a way with this kind of show .   Just my opinon. 

Contributor

I miss the true, real posh present shows of past with Lisa.

Honored Contributor

Lisa's shows were never very "posh" either.  The complaints were the same when she hosted the show. Everyone wanted to know where the new posh presents were.  Lisa would come out in a gown of some sort and there would be a silly party going on in the background that was awkward at best.  Sure Lisa might throw in a few nicer, new items but for the most part, it was the same old, same old. 

I didn't like the show when Lisa hosted and I didn't like the show this year.  I thought Jane looked lovely and while I wasn't a fan of the entire Treacy family being a part of the event, I have to say that it fit Jane to a "t."  Jane is all about her family so it made sense but was silly none the less.

Her daughters are lovely and Deirdra looks like a chip off the old Jane block, that is for sure.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Lisa's shows were never very "posh" either.  The complaints were the same when she hosted the show. Everyone wanted to know where the new posh presents were.  Lisa would come out in a gown of some sort and there would be a silly party going on in the background that was awkward at best.  Sure Lisa might throw in a few nicer, new items but for the most part, it was the same old, same old. 

I didn't like the show when Lisa hosted and I didn't like the show this year.  I thought Jane looked lovely and while I wasn't a fan of the entire Treacy family being a part of the event, I have to say that it fit Jane to a "t."  Jane is all about her family so it made sense but was silly none the less.

Her daughters are lovely and Deirdra looks like a chip off the old Jane block, that is for sure.     

Except deidra didn't speak ,  Jane doesn't have that problem lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I agree...they were silly and pretentious and still are just like the Italy shows.  They sell what QVC has in stock at the time and nothing POSH about the items....if I want Posh I go to an appropriate retailer. 

Respected Contributor

Lisa always had new stuff.  I know.  I purchased new stuff from her Posh Shows.

Respected Contributor

Much to do about nothing.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown