Valued Contributor

Poor Quality of TV transmission of QVC2 and HSN

This has been bothering me a little ever since we switched providers to Direct TV. MY main QVC channel, and QVC HD come in nicely, However, all of the other vendor channels are very poor quality. I quit watching HSN's main channel because the transmission was squished, colors were off, and it was simply unattractive. Now it's the same poor quality for the QVC2 channel and for the QVC beauty channel. Is anyone else experiencing this also, or could it just be Direct TV's fault? Most of the channels I receive are perfect, except for a few I wouldn't watch anyway (religious, foreign language, tv reruns.) I guess I'm not really bothered enough to complain to Direct TV, but  I'm just curious if QVC knows that some of its programming is being poorly presented?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poor Quality of TV transmission of QVC2 and HSN

Only have QVC main channel and HSN.. But I get them in HD.  Cannot get Direct TV...live in the woods,  Tried it once and it did not work for us. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I receive all these channels in crisp condition with no distortion and excellent colors.  It may be your local receivers who are having problems receiving it and then transmitting it to you? I'd talk to your local office about it.

We have Direct TV where we are.

I doubt that QVC or HSN would have any control over that aspect of it....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have Verizon FIOS.  I have no problem at all with the QVC main channel and have never had a problem with HSN.  Both are in HD.  QVC2, to my understanding, is not currently being broadcast by anyone in HD.  At least that's what I heard a host say a couple of months ago.  I do know that QVC2 stll is not in HD on my FIOS system.....unless the channel number changed and I'm not aware.

Trusted Contributor

I also have Direct TV and experience poor quality on QVC2, HSN and Jewelry Television (JTV).  It's because we don't get these channels in HD.  My daughter lives in Texas and has ATT UVerse and gets all these channels in HD - makes a big difference.

I've requested Direct to offer these channels in HD but so far it's fallen on deaf ears.  It's not like they don't have enough room.  I don't need QVC offered on 3 channels and QVC2 on 2 channels.

Keep requesting Direct to offer more HD.

Trusted Contributor

I live in central NY and have no trouble with any of my channels on Direct TV.   My son was just changed to Spectrum from Time Warner and to date his family is not happy with the change.

Honored Contributor

I have Comcast in Va.  I get every station offered.  However, Comcast does not offer QVC2.  Probably just as well, the last thing I need to be looking at is more QVC.  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

I have DirecTV and have the same problem as the OP. 

Honored Contributor

If they're aware, it's not like there's anything they can do about it - it's all down to the signal you receive from your provider.

With non-HD channels (you can't assume every channel, or every program on a given channel) there IS a viewing difference. 

FWIW, we have DirecTV in the boonies and the only differences I note between channels (shopping or otherwise) is the difference between SD and HD, and between film and live. Not all providers show all available HD shows in HD either. And then there's how much you pay for HD service. When I lived in LA I had every possible HD channel except HBO-types. Here, the household doesn't pay for all that and we only get half as many in HD as I'm used to. More $$=more HD channels.

When you speak of "squishing" - most TVs these days let you change the aspect ratio of your picture, and sometimes for some programming you do need to change it: 16:9, 4:3, standard, letterbox, etc. that might help.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

I also have Direct TV and experience poor quality on QVC2, HSN and Jewelry Television (JTV).  It's because we don't get these channels in HD.  My daughter lives in Texas and has ATT UVerse and gets all these channels in HD - makes a big difference.

I've requested Direct to offer these channels in HD but so far it's fallen on deaf ears.  It's not like they don't have enough room.  I don't need QVC offered on 3 channels and QVC2 on 2 channels.

Keep requesting Direct to offer more HD.

All true - but as they add more HD channels the price you pay for them will go up. The cable & satellite companies will never be any sort of bargain.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all