Honored Contributor

Gag gift only. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Poo-Pourri as Gift

[ Edited ]

I would not be insulted at all.  Anyone who is kind enough to give me a gift, either a family member, friend, co-workers, whoever, is much appreciated.  Just my opinion, I know I am the odd woman out, I also dislike gift registers for weddings and such. Comes off to me as arrogant, not only expecting a present, but asking for, or wanting something in particular.

Respected Contributor

I do not gift it, but I use it in my bathroom, and I like the product.  

Esteemed Contributor

I did one year and at first insulted, then told me later they used it and loved it.

Trusted Contributor

This product stinks!

Honored Contributor

@LikeToKnow 

Not at all, especially if you give it woman.  We all love our bathrooms to smell wonderful. A man would boast about his "sh$t" not stinking, so a woman would be more appreciative.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I would not be insulted at all.  Anyone who is kind enough to give me a gift, either a family member, friend, co-workers, whoever, is much appreciated.  Just my opinion, I know I am the odd woman out, I also dislike gift registers for weddings and such. Comes off to me as arrogant, not only expecting a present, but asking for, or wanting something in particular.

@PhilaLady1 Why is a gift register arrogant?  Isn't a gift about making someone happy, about giving them something they need or want?  So in that case, why is it arrogant when it helps the giver know what would make them happy?  I think it is great for both the giver and the receiver.

Respected Contributor

Re: Poo-Pourri as Gift

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 Why is a gift register arrogant?  Isn't a gift about making someone happy, about giving them something they need or want?  So in that case, why is it arrogant when it helps the giver know what would make them happy?  I think it is great for both the giver and the receiver.

Saying that gift registry is arrogant is my knee jerk / gut reaction.  I do understand that registries have been around for many years and I am not disparaging anyone that does this. It is certainly the normal way of going things and on an intellectual level I have no problem with that.  There is something about the notion of asking or expecting a present that pushes the wrong button with me, that goes way back in time. I remember when I was a young there were kids turning 16 that expected their parents to give them a car for their birthday. I worked hard for everything I have and am proud of that.  I don't like when gifts are ask for.  Brings back feelings off spoiled brats.  But I do truly get that I am a little nuts about this. I have loved ones that got married and I was happy to give them somethinge from their list.

Respected Contributor

There are times I have entered public restrooms and wished that those who proceeded me would have recieved Poo-pouri as a gift and carried it in their purse for such occasions. I have never used it but in an emergency I always have spray sanitizer in my purse which has fragrance.

At home I saw a hack somewhere that said to lift the lid and spray the bathroom spray around the bowl to cut the not wanted odors. I think it works . If you have pets you may want to close the lid until next flush as you can see it on the water . -- my cat drinks from there.

I would not feel insulted if someone (family or good friend gifted ) me with a bottle. Like the toddlers book that I have given at showers is titled 'Everyone P__ps' 

Respected Contributor

Overall I think QVC has a problem with what should be considered a gift! Seriously.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield