Respected Contributor

I find it ironic that one of the most frequent posters on these boards, who generally posts nothing but negative comments on most threads, posted on this one… Lol!

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick   I totally agree with you.  I can respect someone's opinion but when they get personal and attack you personally that is a different story and it happens on the forum all the time.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@bewise ...It really is sad and I agree with you.  I sometimes wonder if peole 'come back' with rude comments just to have something to say, in hope to start a convo back and forth - or just what...but it really is sad.  Surely, it reflects that they are unhappy people....(now, just waiting on the ''comments'' to chew me up, I know it's coming)

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I find it ironic that one of the most frequent posters on these boards, who generally posts nothing but negative comments on most threads, posted on this one… Lol!

@Ainhisg I also find it interesting that one poster also says negative things that are not true about other posters. I told her the last time she did it to me she should be checked for glasses. She will know who she is. It takes all kinds.......

Valued Contributor

Everything is good here. Nobody change.

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@bewise ...It really is sad and I agree with you.  I sometimes wonder if peole 'come back' with rude comments just to have something to say, in hope to start a convo back and forth - or just what...but it really is sad.  Surely, it reflects that they are unhappy people....(now, just waiting on the ''comments'' to chew me up, I know it's coming)

@sarahpanda  I think it's easy to be nasty and reckless behind the keyboard. 

Honored Contributor

To say you do not like a particular look and it is not for you is an opinion!  To say you wish a certain style would just go away because everyone looks trashy and sloppy, etc is just plain old being nasty!!  To say that you think a certain outfit worn by a host looks bad to you is an opinion but to say a certain host looks sloppy and unkempt even though wearing what is being sold and there needs to be a dress code and this host needs to be reprimanded and told is just again a nasty thought that should be kept to yourself  or maybe mentioned with a group of close friends.  Some call being called out for such nastiness and rude posts as them beating up on an OP and it is just not so!!  Anyone posts a ridiculous and nasty post needs to rethink their wording and not boo hoo because they are called out on it!!  Would they walk up to a sales person or someone in public and say those things to them in person? - I think not so why think that you should be left alone to post something unkind!!??

Respected Contributor

What's considered nasty? Sometimes it seems it's nothing more than hearing a different viewpoint. Or pointing out we don't all have the same needs, wants, taste, or comfort level.

Now to me, I don't think the phrase questioning if someone is in their right mind is in anyway a figure of speech or a benign comment. That's a direct insult. I find that nasty. 

Everytime someone wants to point out that item A, B, or C is overpriced and something similar can be found elsewhere that's an implied insult to the purchaser of those items. Everytime someone says a beauty product is nothing more than snake oil, that's an insult to the purchaser.  Everytime derogatory comments are made about a clothing line, that's an implied insult to those that buy that line.

To me it displays a lack of consideration from those commenting that purchasers haven't already considered what clothing works with their body type, life style, and budget. What type of shoes fit their foot and style. What's the weather like in different parts of the country. What another is willing to spend on a gift. What another has available in their area of the country and at what price.

Not everything is for everyone. So if it's not for you let it go. Why insult, implied or otherwise, the people for whom a purchase may be perfect.

Respected Contributor
There's definitely rude and unnecessary comments that some would do well to just pass by a thread and not post. Example is when someone asks about a fave host and will always get the rude response "who cares?" Or "it's not your business where host is". SMH
Honored Contributor

Oversensitivity and being offended is rampant in this country and it's not healthy.  

I remember comedians years ago saying things that would probably cause a war today, but people, then, could laugh at themselves because there was a hint of truth in what the comedians said.  

Oversensitive and offended people don't want to hear the truth, so they lash out at those telling it.

Only their opinions are important, others are not.  

Oversensitive and offended people allow others to control their emotions.  That's an unpleasant place to be, not only for those who behave this way, but also for others who feel they must watch everything they say.  It's a good way to lose friends and family members who don't want to be around people like this.

Self-confident people with good self-esteem are the least sensitive and offended because they are happy with who they are.  They also believe others should be permitted their own opinions as they have their own opinions, too.  

I can see where this behavior is leading, and, again, it's not healthy in a free society.  

I know this post will not go over well with these people, but someone needs to say it.