Valued Contributor

I was just clicking through the channels and had to do a doubletake when I saw Pat on the Susan Graver show. She looked so pretty and youthful and, of course, she is always very gracious and competent.

Whenever we return to some type of new normal I hope the hosts continue to do their own hair and makeup. To me they look more attractive and relatable without the heavy eye shadow, spider mascara lashes etc. I’m thinking of Sandra and Amy and several others who are natural beauties but now look five years younger and even more lovely.

Respected Contributor

The blue top Pat was wearing looked beautiful on her.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of thick, theatrical makeup, either.   I think that for most women, less is more...too much usually comes across as very harsh, not soft and pretty.  And I agree that whenever I have watched any bit of Q programming during this time, everyone has looked great.

Honored Contributor

Nice to see some of them (Pat included) without the false eyelashes.  Pat's a very pretty lady.  No need for all that makeup.  Hopefully, when things get back to normal, their makeup folks might consider that sometimes, less is more.

Honored Contributor

I too hope they continue the less is more once things get back to normal, as most of the hosts look so much better and younger without all of the heavy makeup on!

Especially the false eyelashes and tons of mascara and eyeliner...Less is definitely more......

Trusted Contributor

I first watched QVC, in its earliest days, with my Mom, when I was in my late teens. 

I remember, when Pat was QVC's glamour girl. She was strikingly pretty, and always looked gorgeous glammed up. 
I remember her doing a lot of the high end jewelry shows.

Pat is still lovely, and I so agree, the softer, more natural, make up, is flattering to all the hosts. 

Honored Contributor

Pat has always looked beautiful -  haven't seen her today, but judging from what I'm reading, she's living proof that even naturally beautiful women look better with less glam, glitter (whatever you want to call it) as they age.

Valued Contributor

Pat is such a class act. I'm really enjoying the shows were there is just one host presenter at a time, don't mind if there are two hosts presenting at separate times, but I can't stand the evening shows where women are sitting on sofas, on computers, putting a mirror close up to their face, done with that. if anything has come out of this quarantine maybe it's going back to Better programming.

Esteemed Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

I first watched QVC, in its earliest days, with my Mom, when I was in my late teens. 

I remember, when Pat was QVC's glamour girl. She was strikingly pretty, and always looked gorgeous glammed up. 
I remember her doing a lot of the high end jewelry shows.

Pat is still lovely, and I so agree, the softer, more natural, make up, is flattering to all the hosts. 

---------------

I remember that Pat announced something (pregnancy, anniversary...don't really recall the reason) during one of those glam jewelery shows!  Her then husband came on set with flowers!!

She is very pretty - more so without those black made up eyes!!  

Respected Contributor

@nevergivesup I would agree with your observation about Pat and other hosts.  Without the "heavy" eye liner they appear younger and Pat needs to wear color more often.