Contributor

Received a Pacage last week that looked like it had been through the Mill....all crushed. the box was ripped, I can't say what it was cause its a present and almost opened ...luckily the contents were in good shape),,,,,,If I wanted to return it would have to find a new box WHATS GOING ON. The "Q" is sinking fast.Expensive S/H for the condition the package comes in.

Super Contributor

I would expect the package condition upon arrival is the responsibility of the carrier unless it was improperly packed.  I have taken pictures of destroyed packages received and sent them to the carrier.  I have also contacted Customer Service when this has happened as a sender can monitor and resport to their carriers as well since thius is an issue that ultimately falls in their laps especially if items were damaged in transit.   MY pet peeve is receiving items such as expensive designer clothes that arrive crumpled and literally thrown in a plastic bag... Not a shipping issue but rather a packing and presentation one.

Respected Contributor

@bad4257: Receiving a damaged package sounds IMO like the fault of the carrier (USPS, UPS???).

Honored Contributor

Re: Package a Mess

[ Edited ]

@tessam wrote:

I would expect the package condition upon arrival is the responsibility of the carrier unless it was improperly packed.  I have taken pictures of destroyed packages received and sent them to the carrier.  I have also contacted Customer Service when this has happened as a sender can monitor and resport to their carriers as well since thius is an issue that ultimately falls in their laps especially if items were damaged in transit.   MY pet peeve is receiving items such as expensive designer clothes that arrive crumpled and literally thrown in a plastic bag... Not a shipping issue but rather a packing and presentation one.

@tessam 

Sometimes the poor condition is not QVC's fault, it's the carriers...one time I received a plastic bag that looked like it had tire marks on it.....I think it was the machine at USPS that did that....luckily it was clothes in that bag that were not damaged....

Dillards uses a nice flat sturdy box to send their clothes....

I dont mind the clothes being shipped in a bag, less bulky than the LARGE rectangular box that QVC uses that are cheaply made and get smashed easily in route.  My beef with the bags is that my postman squishes these bags into my mailbox and the clothes wind up wrinkled beyond belief....He can take these packages to our Condo Mail Center but chooses not to....but the tiniest package or a book he wont put into the mailbox where they would easily fit, and he takes those to the Mail Center...GO FIGURE....🙄.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I do not think the package was shipped that way from the Q!

Honored Contributor

And just how is the"Q" responsible for a torn package?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Contributor

because I bought it in faith from them.....

Trusted Contributor

Why is it I never receive a damaged box from Amazon, or Wlamart?  Because they use better boxes that's why.

Respected Contributor

I have received damaged boxes from both.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Better a damaged package  with the item still inside than a damaged package delivered EMPTY  (which happened to me once!)