Respected Contributor

Orders make it to the Big city near me and sit for days.

I get things from Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, HSN,  etc etc. and mostly come in a reasonable time except in April.  However, my Qvc orders sit for days in the large post office in the large city next to my town.  I ordered some cosmetics last year and they just sat there and were never delivered.  This only happens with QVC orders.  It has never happened with any other order.  There must be a reason for that.  Right now I have two Qvc orders sitting at the post office for 4 days.  There is no update on the tracking.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Orders make it to the Big city near me and sit for days.

I agree, I also have a "in process" order that is in QVC limbo. I didn't place an order this morning because I have no assurance the summer outfit I wanted would be here by the Fourth of July. I get stuff all the time from Amazon with no problems.

QVC needs to take a hard look at their distribution, I suspect I know what's going on, products used to ship from QVC's distribution centers, but to avoid carrying inventory they have now pushed that back to their vendors. So that "in process" is probably the travel time from the vendor to the distribution center and then back out from the distribution center to the customer. In the meantime we wait and wait and wait. Not good when Amazon is your competitor.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet   YES ...  I  was thinking the very same thing recently.  It takes FOREVER to get most orders PROCESSED to begin with .....  then picked up at the warehouse.... then when it finally is in the process of transferring to the Post Office that takes awhile and then it sits. It sits and sits and sits.  Not happy about that at all.  In my 34 years as a customer, since the very beginning,  I have never seen such POOR and LENGTHY service to ship and get my orders delivered for MOST of my orders.   It's not all...  but it is the majority by far.  Ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I get things from Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, HSN,  etc etc. and mostly come in a reasonable time except in April.  However, my Qvc orders sit for days in the large post office in the large city next to my town.  I ordered some cosmetics last year and they just sat there and were never delivered.  This only happens with QVC orders.  It has never happened with any other order.  There must be a reason for that.  Right now I have two Qvc orders sitting at the post office for 4 days.  There is no update on the tracking.   

@chiclet  Contact the post office and ask why. 

New Contributor

I totally agree, my packages sit in a post office hub in Urbancrest Ohio sometimes for weeks. I think I currently have 4 orders sitting there now. One is out for delivery today that had been there for 9 days! Unreal. Don't think I'm going to be ordering anything anytime soon. I had an order sit in a post office for weeks so I called customer service to get a refund. Two days later it arrived so I don't know if QVC contacted the post office about the order or if it was just coincidence.

Trusted Contributor

Only since Covid - my QVC packages are sitting in the post office near my home for days. Why? Are they performing sterilization techniques? Only kidding. I can’t believe this. One item - a sun hat - was scanned that it had arrived. In the past it would be delivered either the same day ( if it was scanned in the wee hours of the morning) or the very next day. Well after over a week of it being there I tried to get in touch. No one answers at my local post office and no one answers at the main post office. There are endless loop menus that don’t help anyone. Finally I got to an email form to fill out re lost items. They sent a receipt email saying they would check into it. Days later they said that never got it and it was the shipping company (QVC’s) fault which is a crock. QVC sent out another one and it was scanned into the post office two days ago. Here we go again. If this stuff is being sent out third class by QVC though they need to stop that. I will stop buying. Every other company from drugstores to retail ( Lands End and Macy’s) are shipping quickly.
Respected Contributor

For some reason it seems USPS stuff gets stalled on East Coast. I've been waiting for some time for Q pkg that's been sitting in NJ. I asked my local PO and she said she's received many complaints of stuff stuck in NJ but didn't know why, maybe understaffed?

Honored Contributor

I think post offices in large cities are very backed up and are days behind in their deliveries.  Several posters have reported being told that by USPS personnel.  I live in a city of about 90,000 with one post office, which apparently doesn't have that problem.  They receive packages from UPS or their own distribution centers and they're delivered the next day.

The operation of Q distribution centers may be the mystery of the century since none of us really knows what's happening there.  I'd love to visit and ask lots of questions.  Even CS people don't know why shipping is so slow and with it's culture of secrecy, QVC is not telling anyone anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Q ships using the lowest priority mail.  Because of the type of postage used, it's the last mail touched and sits longest if the post office is swamped.  Also, it often relies on third parties to move it from post office to post office, city to city, and third parties will wait until it's profitable to do so.   

Q needs to upgrade its basic mail to a more reasonable priority level.  

Valued Contributor

I have an order from May that I could not cancel. It's been two hours away from me at the P. O. for 6 days. I don't have problems like these from any other retailer. Does the P.O. wait for a certain number of packages to be in a QVC bin before they send them out? It's an $11.00 item so I'm not worried about it. It's just strange.