Respected Contributor

Order status information difference

Just checked  my order status some say 'in process' which I have always seen  but couple of older orders say 'preparing your order'.  Anyone know is there a difference?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Order status information difference

@dulwich    Probably the terms mean something to Q warehouse staff but to us, both mean "still waiting". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the moderators posted the following in another thread asking the same question recently:

""Being prepared" is a warehouse comment, they are working on getting the order ready. Cindy"

I took that to mean the "in process" is what we get when our order is first received.  "Preparing your order" is when that order goes to the warehouse.

My best guess, anyway.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette   Thanks for your reply.

Just wondered as most of my orders in process seem to ship (some from a day ago) and do not go to the preparing your order entry - but the older ones (going back a week or so) are sitting there with, what is to me, new message  preparing ....etc.

@Kachina624   yes, waiting is right!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@geezerette   Thanks for your reply.

Just wondered as most of my orders in process seem to ship (some from a day ago) and do not go to the preparing your order entry - but the older ones (going back a week or so) are sitting there with, what is to me, new message  preparing ....etc.

@Kachina624   yes, waiting is right!

@dulwich  LOL It doesn't matter since both terms mean you don't have your order! 😂

Honored Contributor

My item was in a large town about 20 miles away and then went to another state (Illinois).

Who knew?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Just noticed everything messaged 'preparing your...' etc., is Logo - all my other item were in process then shipped.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Just checked  my order status some say 'in process' which I have always seen  but couple of older orders say 'preparing your order'.  Anyone know is there a difference?  Thanks.

@dulwich 

There is an old southern saying -

‘I’m fixing to do it’

It means when I get ready to do it, I will, until then don’t hold your breath.

😉

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich - Sometime last year, the Q implemented new status sequencing. When you place your order now, it immediately goes into "In Process" (unless it is an Advance Order or Waitlist item). The next phase is "Preparing Your Order," which means your order is being labeled and prepared for shipment to you. At times, I've still had this status showing on orders after they've been delivered, especially when items come directly from vendors. (And I've also had a couple of instances where the status went back to "In Process" for a day or two before returning to "Preparing Your Order," but when that happened, it typically also jumped to "Shipped" very quickly thereafter.)

Honored Contributor

It means "don't even think about cancelling this!"