Super Contributor

Re: One of my favorite Christmas songs

@KittySoftPaws, I love Mannheim Steamroller! I have several of their CDs and play them every year. Their music never gets old. Neither does Elvis. Christmas was his favorite time of the year.
Trusted Contributor

@catwoman48 wrote:
@KittySoftPaws, I love Mannheim Steamroller! I have several of their CDs and play them every year. Their music never gets old. Neither does Elvis. Christmas was his favorite time of the year.

Name any song...Elvis sings it better! Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

I like the Andy Williams Christmas album from the 1960s.  He had a very different verision of "The Twelve Days of Christmas"  It was something like "four colored lights, three boughs of holly, two candy candy canes and a song for the Christmas tree". It went all the way to twelve like the original but with different lyrics. 

Honored Contributor

I like to listen to Mannheim Steamroller, Elvis, The Brian Setzer Orchestra. He's the singer from Stray Cats. 

Respected Contributor

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole.

Respected Contributor

I love so many Christmas songs, from those of the 50s and 60s I grew up with to some of the newer renditions. I have to hear Elvis' "Blue Christmas" to start out; it immediately brings tears because I always miss my mother so much at this, her favorite time of year. After I hear it the first time in the season, I'm ready to hear the rest. As someone mentioned, Eartha Kitts' "Santa Baby" is the best, all the others grate on me. I like Robert Downey Jr's "The River", not really a Christmas tune but guess since it mentions Christmas, it becomes one. I love his voice. I always sprinkle in some bluegrass, Cajun, and old classical tunes. I look forward to Black Friday because that's generally when I decorate my home and start playing my Christmas playlist!

I liked Billy Squier a lot but never knew of this song; will surely check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG Heres the thing about Dean Martin: That glass was iced tea or gingerale. It was all a prop.

The cigarettes: I am old enough to remember people having cigarette boxes on the coffee table. That was long before we knew about the dangers. Watch the film "The Insider" w/Russell Crow. 

And in those days a carton of cigarettes would be a great gift for some one that did a favor for you.

Honored Contributor

Mariah Carey Christmas

Honored Contributor

We have so many favs in our house. One of which is (I know I am misspelling) Mele Kalikemaka by Bing Crosby.

Respected Contributor

I like quite a few, O Holy Night is probably my favorite.