Super Contributor

Re: Okay Where Are The Comments-Fall Preview!

@Spurt - yes, I want to enjoy the clothes of the season!  There will be plenty of fall/winter clothes in the stores when fall comes around. 💗

Honored Contributor

I cannot wait for cooler Fall and Winter weather Smiley Very Happy I dont mind seeing things

for those seasons. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Spurt- It seems to me they started presenting warm weather clothing very early and starting talking about "pumpkin picking."

@qbetzforreal 

Awww yes...."pumpkin picking" the KEY phrase that drives the sales for fall couture 🎃 🎃 🎃 😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Spurt- It seems to me they started presenting warm weather clothing very early and starting talking about "pumpkin picking."

@qbetzforreal 

Awww yes...."pumpkin picking" the phrase that drives the sales for fall couture 🎃 🎃 🎃 😉

@Spurt- Along with "apple picking"

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@qbetzforreal 

Awww yes...."pumpkin picking" the phrase that drives the sales for fall couture 🎃 🎃 🎃 😉

@Spurt- Along with "apple picking"

@qbetzforreal 

And don't forget ----drinking "apple cider"...................🍎

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Fall/Winter clothing is my favorite so I like when the clothes for these seasons are introduced even if it is 100 degrees outside. I learned years ago if I want best selection, buy bathing suit in January and Winter Coat in July! It’s not just QVC, all retail is this way.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Fall/Winter clothing is my favorite so I like when the clothes for these seasons are introduced even if it is 100 degrees outside. I learned years ago if I want best selection, buy bathing suit in January and Winter Coat in July! It’s not just QVC, all retail is this way.

Great points....but retail does this with Christmas decor too... Hobby Lobby, Steinmart & many retailers now put out some of the Christmas decor pieces in July right next to the Fall/Autumn items.....yet CIJ gets criticized.....

Honored Contributor

Well I guess someone had to start with the negativity.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I checked the recently on air items periodically and bought one piece, the D&C one-button cardigan/jacket. I passed on some items due to price, others because material seemed too clingy or the tight fit across the bustline, and primarily because I'm home so much now there is little I need to add to my closet.

I do have to agree that selling fall clothes in August does not generate the backlash that CIJ does. Few are complaining that seeing jackets and sweaters now will ruin the winter season for them. IMO, because fall fashions have been featured in stores and catalogs for back to school for decades, consumers are conditioned to seeing fall clothes sold in August. 

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

There's always numerous threads all across the Forum whenever its time for CIJ.....shouts of "its 90 degrees and who can even think of Christmas....whew!!!!" "can't we enjoy summer"!

I know everyone has their own preferences and likes and dislikes, but I find it amusing that a few decorations and decor pieces bug people, BUT at the same time there's no complaints and its okay to show capes, jackets, cardigans and layering when its 100 degrees out!!!....So why is it okay for fall/winter clothes but not for CIJ which allows many people to budget their purchases and/or assure that decor and gifts will be in stock and arrive in time for the holidays....Hmmmm....just wondering. 🤔 Thanks for allowing me to vent.... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 😃

(and even though this is a "fall" fashion event, all the hosts DO say, if you are in a warmer climate you can use this all winter)................

Maybe because fall is next month; not 6 months away.  Besides, as slow as shipping is it will likely be snowing before anyone gets their "fashions."