Esteemed Contributor

Re: Obsessed!!!

[ Edited ]

I wonder why they don't bring Vanessa, the nicely dressed,  not at all harshly but perfectly made up, clean & neat haired, well spoken classy one up to the front and let the other one, who is the opposite, be in the background doing the social thing. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper   Once I was at Starbucks making a purchase and I said to the barista "Here I have the exact change" to which he replued "Awesome!"

I said, "No, the Grand Canyon is awesome, having the exact change is not."  I don't think he "got it."

No, he got it.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper   Once I was at Starbucks making a purchase and I said to the barista "Here I have the exact change" to which he replued "Awesome!"

I said, "No, the Grand Canyon is awesome, having the exact change is not."  I don't think he "got it."

No, he got it.

@HLP  I was there, you weren't.

Esteemed Contributor

Obsessed means fill the mind continually, intrusively, to a troubling extent.  Silly to use it the way they do. And once it's out there it spreads to every host on every channel. I don't watch shopping tv that much and I still hear it the little I do.  I guess that's why I don't watch much...same old boring lines. Not to mention the prices lately. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

It may not hew to the medical definition, but is is certainly a common use of the word.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

Well, I'm ashamed to say that just made me laugh Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Bettyanne 

Thanks for reminding me why I don't miss watching QVC.

When I found myself feeling annoyed at what was being said, I knew the love affair was over.  

Honestly, it's a relief in many ways.  I can still shop, but without all the mindless, uninformative chatter.

Sorry, I know saying this is no better than saying "change the channel" but....I just wanted you to know there is life after QVC Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Obsessed!!!

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Bettyanne 

Thanks for reminding me why I don't miss watching QVC.

When I found myself feeling annoyed at what was being said, I knew the love affair was over.  

Honestly, it's a relief in many ways.  I can still shop, but without all the mindless, uninformative chatter.

Sorry, I know saying this is no better than saying "change the channel" but....I just wanted you to know there is life after QVC Cat LOL

@Bettyanne@Witchy Woman.... Yes, this reminds me of when a relationship is in decline, every little thing they do aggravates you....not a good sign!

Honored Contributor

My observation is that many people are obsessed with totally unimportant things. The perfect haircut...the best lawn on the block...the cleanest car(I know a couple who vacuum their car after each use and take it to the car wash weekly). I'd say to do everything in moderation, don't become obsessed with anything. 

Honored Contributor

There isn't anything any one of them can say to make me interested in buying something I have no interest in.  Even if they could reach out of the TV with coffee, chocolates and a 1/2 off coupon, if I'm not interested, I'm just not interested.  So all their cutsey obsessive verbage mean nothing to me.....  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*