Honored Contributor

Re: No measurements = No sale!

On 2/11/2014 blueskies said:
On 2/10/2014 graycatsrule said:

If there are no measurements on the screen or on line, I don't buy.

Same here . Returning items became too expensive . The other shopping channel hosts, go out of their way to read garment measurements during the presentation . Their hosts don't seem to mind it either . Their hosts give garment details first , then leave chatting about places/ occasions where you can wear it , last in the presentation . I appreciate that . I buy mostly household items & shoes/boots from the Q now , and only after reading customer reviews. Btw, I remember a different host who stopped reading measurements , not Jayne . Jayne is such a detail person , even going to the extent of informing us about fabric care . With the info she gives about fit , fabric , etc. I always feel confident ordering during her shows . On the contrary , I won't ever order clothing or anything , from a couple of other hosts' shows ; they don't offer helpful info , just useless, silly chatter.

Not a host, but Jeanne Bice of QF really objected to measurements being given and Jayne Brown carried on with that idea. I don't buy if I don't know the measurements. That should be one of the main points of their presentations.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2014 SPURT said:
On 2/10/2014 Daysdee said:
On 2/10/2014 SPURT said:
On 2/10/2014 circles said:

you really shouldn't HAVE to call c.s......those measurements should be posted on the site....and be shown on the program or by the Hosts.....

Hey Circles....I agree you shouldnt have to use several devices to get product information.....isn't the "C" in QVC supposed to be about CONVENIENCE! If they dont want to give info I just wont buy......

Of course Jayne Brown was the one that lead the crusade for not having to read the measurements and "just go online".......and maybe then QVC can just become an online company and stop their TV channel and you will be out of a job Jayne! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

You are so right. Also, for those that don't use a computer it isn't easy to check the measurements. Is it that difficult to show the measurements like they did years ago? I won't order unless I see measurements. Returns are too costly.

Hey Daysdee and they think showing the "FIT GUIDE" solves the problem....don't they realize that their garment sizing is INCONSISTENT depending on the manufacturer, and even with the same manufacturer....and that is why we need those darn measurements!!!! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

You are so right. Daysdee

Honored Contributor

I have passed on several items lately that had no measurements either on the screen or online. The producers who fail to assure that measurements are flashed on screen at the beginning of the presentation and for more than a nano-second, should be replaced.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I've noticed more items without the measurements online lately. There was a cute SG top I saw last week, but no measurements online, so I didn't end up buying it. I was interested in both the chest and sweep measurements, but since they weren't available I didn't bother.

We shouldn't have to call customer service to get that information, it should be readily available online and onscreen.

Super Contributor

Tell Jane that we do not care that she likes bacon or what she is having for breakfast..all that worthless chatter!!.WE WANT MEASUREMENTS.
Esteemed Contributor

momtodogs, I posted an answer on your other thread. If you're not using a computer, then I agree that QVC should do a better job of showing measurements on the TV screen. If you're using your computer, here is what I posted:

If you read the description of the garment where it gives garment length, fabric content, etc., just below that paragraph you usually see this:

"For more detailed Fit and Sizing information, please refer to the Sizing tab above. To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here."

If you click on click here it will bring up a size chart with actual garment measurements. Don't know if there are any that don't show that - I've never happened to see one. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2014 kittymomNC said:

momtodogs, I posted an answer on your other thread. If you're not using a computer, then I agree that QVC should do a better job of showing measurements on the TV screen. If you're using your computer, here is what I posted:

If you read the description of the garment where it gives garment length, fabric content, etc., just below that paragraph you usually see this:

"For more detailed Fit and Sizing information, please refer to the Sizing tab above. To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here."

If you click on click here it will bring up a size chart with actual garment measurements. Don't know if there are any that don't show that - I've never happened to see one. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that is what I do when I want to purchase an item but lately there have been 3 different pieces of clothing that I wanted to purchase that did not have the click here measurements available....so no measurements = no purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/13/2014 momtodogs said:
On 2/13/2014 kittymomNC said:

If you read the description of the garment where it gives garment length, fabric content, etc., just below that paragraph you usually see this: "For more detailed Fit and Sizing information, please refer to the Sizing tab above. To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here." If you click on click here it will bring up a size chart with actual garment measurements. Don't know if there are any that don't show that - I've never happened to see one. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that is what I do when I want to purchase an item but lately there have been 3 different pieces of clothing that I wanted to purchase that did not have the click here measurements available....so no measurements = no purchase.

I haven't seen that yet, but if they don't have those measurements, I will join you in a "boycott"! Most of the time, the general size charts don't appear to have any relation to the garment measurements, but even the garment measurements sometimes don't mean anything either. Some things when I get them home are 1-2" smaller or larger than they are supposed to be, and don't fit into any of their sizing charts. Then you have the particular line, LC, SG, D & Co, etc. - one item chest measurement on a medium will be 39" and on another item in the same line made pretty much exactly the same way may be 41" - so either way you go, it's still hit or miss IMP as to whether something will fit. Sometimes I take the chance, sometimes I don't. But to be truthful, I don't think anything will change as far as QVC is concerned - I've been complaining about sizing issues for the last two years, and it has only gotten worse!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

New Contributor

I've called several times to tell them to put the measurements on air!!! It is getting old and I agree $7 to send an item back is robbery!!!!! I am about done with the Q after 25 or so years!!!! It's so insincere anymore...They all think they are stars and it's funny all are size xxsmalls...yeah right....then I am an xx000 There are some good hosts, but most are so obnoxious I have to change the channel !!!!! Their prices for lines like d&c are getting ridiculous....Kmart quality at Macy's prices for a tee!!! If Lisa R. is who they are turning to for fashion I will be gone for sure!!!!!

Contributor

I have 2 items,a skirt and pants that I ordered by the measurements and neither fit.If I stick to a specific line I can order my usual size but when trying a new line with the measurements I get burned with return charges and sold out items.Going back to the malls.