Valued Contributor

Re: No combined shipping discount

So glad I don't have to depend on the Internet or TV shopping shows to shop.

I live a doable drive to several nice malls & shops; plus I enjoy being out & about.

Respected Contributor

I do think I understand QVC's rationale.  They were looking for a way to cut back on the massive amount of return orders, which are very costly to handle.  I know from these boards that lots of women would order the same item (clothing or jewelry) in several sizes to see which fit best, with the intention of returning the others.

I put a lot of thought into an order before I place it because I HATE having to return items, and I rarely would order more than one item at a time anyway.  So, for me, the new shipping policy works better.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

I rarely return anything.  I'm talking maybe 10 things in 20 years-LOL. And I used to order A LOT years ago.   I hate making returns.  And I'm not even a bargain shopper.  I went to Kohl's without a coupon (nobody does that).  Luckily, when I went to pay with my Visa they offered me a coupon to use my Kohl's card.

But for some reason I am bothered by not getting combined shipping and handling.  I think it is because I have been shopping with QVC since 1990 or so (started wth CVN- or something like that in San Diego).  I am just so darned used to getting reduced shipping and handling. 

I still love shopping with QVC.  I just don't get orders with more than one thing in them anymore.  Although they sometimes offer Buy one and save.  And that is nice. 

Honored Contributor

@Linds7With so many "deals" around, figuring out when they are really a deal gets terribly confusing.

One of the tries I've been making lately when someone send me a 20% off coupon is to imagine instead they say "Only 80% of yesterday's price"   For some reason that pushes me right away.  Makes me realize the deal is more for them than for me.

Respected Contributor

I also remember when QVC lowered their shipping to $3 or $5, their prices mysteriously went up around the same time.  They'll "getcha" one way or another.

This also reminds me of when HSN sends those 20% off coupons with a max savings of $25.  Everyone jumps on those, but the reality is that most things eventually go on sale for a much higher percentage off than that, so it's not always as great a deal as it looks!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Linds7 wrote:

I ordered 2 SS charms, 2 separate orders, they were shipped together, guess who made out on that order??

Did QVC send TWO SEPERATE ORDERS in the same package?  They do that at the shopping channel EVINE and it causes me to buy a lot less.  Or, I will wait a day or two between orders.  I really feel ripped off when they ship two entirely different orders in the same package.  I didn't know QVC did that. 

@Linds7, yes & as you can imagine they were VERY light weight, I  ordered on line with "quick buy", maybe if I had put them both in my cart then checked out?? but I doubt it as the s&h was listed for each one, I'll never do that again, I like your idea.

Frequent Contributor

Was going to post this as a new message but saw it was already started so thought I'd just reply and bump it up!  Can't believe they still don't go give discounts on shipping on 2 or more items!  Till they go back to that when I need two or more of the same thing I'll make sure I get my money's work of shipping and place two orders of the same thing!

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I don't like & don't want to pay shipping on each item. Totally ridiculous. If I order from most places online the shipping is free or a set amount for the package.

When you order from Q & pay shipping on each item it gets really expensive. The shipping costs add up fast. If you return items you are out a lot of money. It's like throwing money in the trash which I'm not likely to do.

There should be a combined shipping discount and/or free shipping when a certain amount (like $50 or more) is spent.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree.  It prevents me from buying more then one of the item. 

re: Incorrect return information

The hosts are almost bubbling about how simple the return process is.What they don't tell you, is you are paying to return your item back to QVC. So you are paying to have the item shipped to you, and their "easy return process" means they will deduct another shipping charge from your refund. Double whammy.