Honored Contributor

Re: No More Liz Claiborne Shows?!

@febe1 wrote:

I noticed they had George Simonton's clothes on Clearance today. Excel bought C-Wonder, so we'll be seeing a lot of that line. They have everything, jewelry, fashion, shoes, bags, the whole shebang.. Excel bought it as it was going bankrupt.. Probably give C-Wonder a show of Brad's own....

Oh yea, C-Wonder is the new Q fixture... so given their current narrow branding stupidity probably requires that some other brand hit the trail... And really, does QVC own stock in Excel or vice versa? I believe Excel also has their hand in Issac's line. Seems to be an awfully chummy arrangement given the number of Q lines now managed by Excel...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Liz Claiborne has sold their brand name to JC Penney.  Thus, Liz Clairborne will only be sold at JC Penney stores in NY and wherever JC Penney is located.  They are financially in trouble and they do own several other brands which they will probably be selling off probably.  I know HSN carries some of the other brands in perfumes, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Xcel Brands is the corporation that owns the Isaac Mizrahi Live! brand, H by Halston brand, and the C. Wonder brand. They are making a mint by selling on QVC. Liz Claiborne is no longer listed under the Xcel Brands as Xcel Brands now has a limited licensing agreement with them. Try googling Xcel Brands to read more about their lines.

So you ladies are probably right that the Liz Claiborne line will eventually leave QVC. Given that QVC is pretty slow to put their clothing inventory on sale even when a vendor is leaving though, I doubt they will be leaving all at once.

Valued Contributor

@wingflyer wrote:

Liz Claiborne has sold their brand name to JC Penney.  Thus, Liz Clairborne will only be sold at JC Penney stores in NY and wherever JC Penney is located.  They are financially in trouble and they do own several other brands which they will probably be selling off probably.  I know HSN carries some of the other brands in perfumes, etc.

That's old news.  QVC is the only retailer still selling the brand of Liz Claiborne New York which Isaac M. supposedly designs for.   You are right that all other Liz Claiborne brands are exclusively at JC Penney.

I just tried to google recent news as to QVC no longer selling Liz Claiborne New York and couldn't find anything.

I was so sad to hear this! LCNY makes such quality clothing, I have beautiful sweaters, my favorite 3/4 length t-shirts, dresses, skirts. I HATE Logo and agree everything looks the same and the cost is outrageous. Very sad!

Respected Contributor

JC Penney has been selling Liz Claiborne for years but only QVC carried the Liz Claiborne New York line which in my opinion was a higher quality than the line made for Penneys.  The line at Penneys was considerably cheaper in price.  Sorry to hear it may be leaving the Q but I stopped buying clothing because of the cost of returns. I am particular about how things fit and I am short so I prefer to try things on before I purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

I would put the show on in the background as I was doing my housework. It seems to be the same old clothing in every show. And it was getting more and more expensive. No great lost to me. I really like the C-wonder line and the Halston line they have now. When I would buy the LC T-shirts  I noticed lately after washings they would shrink or become misshapen.  Even if I did not put them in the dryer. I will not miss the show or Linda Davies for that matter. I am glad that Mary Beth is going to be okay. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Que up Queen's ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!  And QVC's product lineup becomes even more limited......it seems they are going the route to feature only products that QVC has their own hand in and doing away with independent companies.....pretty soon it appears it will be NOTHING but QVC owned products---DULL AND BORING if you ask me!!!  With QVC pushing their own Q Card more and more with the enticement of EZ pays....could QVC be hurting revenue wise.....and looking for ways to have a bigger finger in the pie....

If I were going to get rid of a brand why not G.I.L.I with Jill Martin pushing the brand, I don't think the brand is pulling off the high caliber, high end, sophisticated line that it once was....sorry but Ms. Martin doesn't fit the part....G.I.L.I. has become an OVERPRICED clothing line for what it offers.......

And will it be only a matter of time....a C Wonder top they showed the other day, certainly resembled what Lori Goldstein sells......

It amazes me that Lisa Rinna's line is still on QVC.....it looks like she is the only psuedo celebrity left standing...

Variety and Creativity certainly don't seem to be in QVC's plans these days.....

Not a fan of diamonque jewelry either....just not into jewelry with the focus on fake gems.....and for me QVC shows way too many beauty products....JMHO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

First, to me everything being sold from one line to the next looks the same.  I don't like asymetrical hems and baby doll looking tops even with lace (I like lace and I like Crochet).  I like an edgy piece once in awhile but mostly I prefer tailored and professional (LC) or jeans, button down shirt and loafers (whaaat? she doesn't wear sneakers??).  But Q could sell tailored all day to Sunday and if the sizing specks are wrong.... and I've found them to be wrong.... I won't buy.

I agree that the Wonder line, Halston, Logo, GILI, Lisa Rinna et al, ALL look the same and I'M JUST NOT INTERESTED.  I have to say I bought one clothing piece from GILI, the Camo coat and had to size up up up.... but when it came, it fit well (if not a little big) and I love it (but the thing was over $70).  And the chances of me buying another GILI piece is low to no...

Amazing lack of selection.  For some reason I get very frustrated watching Halston and C. Wonder..... blech   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*