Contributor

It really cracks me up when posters refer to the inexperience of the newbie posters. Seriously, I didn't know that there was a special degree required to post on the boards.

Honored Contributor

People like to be authorities on things, who cares!

Valued Contributor
everyone was a ""newby sometime--I still feel like a newby
Honored Contributor
Sometimes new posters jump in without surveying ""the lay of the land"" and say things that are inappropriate. I couldn't tell you how many times I've answered questions of brand-new posters only to have them never return to acknowledge them. I hate to ignore a sensible question but I'm getting really cynical about it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
As a semi-newbie(y), I wish there was a little less abbreviation since we all don't watch the same shows. Someone said they bought an LG spackle and took me a minute to figure out it wasn't a Lori Goldstein top in the color spackle, ha, ha.
Trusted Contributor

Call me cynical, what I'm always suspicious of, the brand new, just signed up today poster, who has a huge complaint or, sometimes signs up to lay down a major bash on a specific host or vendor.

Very often they don't come back and very often, their stories are so over the top and embellished, they just don't ring true.

There was a ton of that at Christmas, one brand new, just joined today poster, after another, ranting about their Christmas being ruined by not getting their promised Christmas delivery. Most of them never returned and some of them had stories that would be heart tugging if true, but, well, call me cynical!

Honored Contributor
On 1/11/2014 SUHSE39 said:

Call me cynical, what I'm always suspicious of, the brand new, just signed up today poster, who has a huge complaint or, sometimes signs up to lay down a major bash on a specific host or vendor.

Very often they don't come back and very often, their stories are so over the top and embellished, they just don't ring true.

There was a ton of that at Christmas, one brand new, just joined today poster, after another, ranting about their Christmas being ruined by not getting their promised Christmas delivery. Most of them never returned and some of them had stories that would be heart tugging if true, but, well, call me cynical!

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold the fort just a minute now, SUSHE39. Are you insinuating that some "newbies" may not be new at all?

The nerve of you.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

LOL... love that! And so true... why can't people just offer their own opinions!