Respected Contributor

Re: New sidekicks coming for ITKWD in the new year?

[ Edited ]

I've also heard Steve make reference to a big announcement at the first of the year. I just can't understand why they don't just go ahead and let us know what we can expect in the New Year? Unless thy don't quite have a new replacement selected and everything worked out yet.

Super Contributor

I purchased a mandolin that promised to peel aples and potatoes. I used it and sliced my thumb before I was done peeling. That cut required three stitches. I returned the device!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rosina is way too smart for ITKWD, I liked her from day 1 and she is good--glad to see her get away from DV.  Steve is a perfect fit for ITKWD, he is elfin and childlike, making cartoon character facial expressions and head jerking at all times, mostly when fast-chewing like a chipmunk, sampling food for the big-guy host.

Mary D, an ITKWD graduate has succeeded in obtaining her own ITKWM and hosted numerous shows; Mary has her own "smarty pants" personality and learned from DV to the point I always think she is auditioning for "Comedy Central".

Any of the 4 new hosts will be dominated by DV except perhaps TJ, who might compete with his goofy personality, joy and humor.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1   No offense...But what difference is it really if the host eats the food or not. I mean do you really think they are going to make a face if they think the food is bad?  They are always go to be like Yum this is the best! Happy Dance. I've never seen a sad dance cuz the food was awful. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I really haven't watched for an extended time since Bob B. left because I am interested in cooking and enjoyed seeing good appliances and items to cook with.  Not David going through colors on little gadget junk.  I can't watch that.

I do tune in to see the Le Creuset guy and like to watch him when he is given a chance to talk and show pots and the food he is cooking and talk about it.  I wish they would do more of this and have shows featuring vendors who know something and good products that are worth investing in.

They never feature a lot of great brands they carry--like Zojirushi and others.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaveTheTurtles It is a sales gimmick. Many buyers want to see the hosts reaction to tasting,even if is only "ACTING".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

What's wrong with Steve as sidekick?  I like him.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't know for sure, but most out-of-work clowns live in Florida I think.....!!! (/S...I understand that RIngling Bros and other  large circuses wintered in Florida....)

They must be trying anythng to get ITKWD off Life Support....If JT can't save it, or Big Bite with his sad chalkboard of gloppy gulps, not much will help....

Maybe the idea of having to have MORE sidekicks to share the spotlight is the reason he sometimes looks so sour and angry when he doesn't realize the camera is on him.....

Honored Contributor

I'd be a sad sack too if I had to try to sell most of what is junk for years.  QVC used to have legitimate cooking shows.  Those days are loooooooong gone!  Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

David does not enjoy hosting alone and rarely does so; he likes having someone to banter with and laugh at his (repetitive and unoriginal) jokes. Lately, it has been more obvious that he is taking multiple breaks during the four-hour Sunday show, allowing his cohost to perform several presentations in his absence. There's nothing wrong with that—four hours is a long time to be "on," both in front of the camera and with a big sales persona on display—but there are other hosts like Mary, Pat, and Jane who don't take breaks during their regular long shows. All that said, I still like David and his hosting style overall, but it would be nice if he could freshen up his act a bit (although the last time that happened, we got "Your Kitchen Reimagined" with the ridiculous item displays in drawers and crammed into corners).

As for Steve, there were a couple of mentions during the Wednesday shows that some kind of big announcement was coming soon about his role, so I guess we'll see what happens. I would guess that both he and Rosina will be moving on from their cohost gigs at the beginning of the year since they have become accomplished, polished hosts when on their own. I'm not sure if anyone from the new crop would be a good match for the ITKWD cohost role—I think David's head would explode if he were paired with unprepared, goofy TJ. But who knows?!

I think David's head would explode if he were paired with NANCY !