Honored Contributor

RoomMates, peel and stick 'wall paper'.  I have a spot in my bathroom that I have been trying to 'fix'.  A few weeks ago I purchased a similar product from bed, bath and beyond.  It was pretty, but sadly was lacking in width, my fault, so I had to send back.

Browsing today I see that QVC now carries this product....and there are a lot of choices.  Peel and stick is not new but usually it looks like tile, which I do not want.  It was nice to see a new product....at least new to me.

Once my new rug arrives I will see if any of the choices coordinate with my rug.

While looking on line at other sites I did find some beautiful paper it's pricy but I need/want peel and stick for my project

Esteemed Contributor

I just received Roomates decals from Walmart - butterflies - beautiful. I just had a glass shower door installed on a tub - and applied the decals to make it obvious that the shower door is open or closed. I also applied some of the butterflies in my master bedroom over an arch entry and 2 other bedrooms.

Honored Contributor

@kivah , since you used decals, were the edges cut nicely?

I like the idea of being able to change out the decor more often using this type of product...I do love wall paper and still have it in the house.

Esteemed Contributor

Very cool!  I have something similar in the garage - big red poppies on very long stems.  They jazz up the garbage can area.

I'm glad to know QVC has these.

Cogito ergo sum
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

love wall paper as well.  Have two rooms of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@kivah , since you used decals, were the edges cut nicely?

I like the idea of being able to change out the decor more often using this type of product...I do love wall paper and still have it in the house.

Beautifully made --- Roommates Lisa Audit Butterfly -- peel & stick - various sizes - $10.97 from Walmart (next day delivery). Lots of great reviews.

Honored Contributor

@kivah ....I have changed my mind from purchasing a wallpaper to purchasing decals!!

I decided to place the decals behind a not so tall cupboard in my bathroom.  The only thing that I read that concerns me is the word large or giant....hope the flowers are not to big!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@kivah ....I have changed my mind from purchasing a wallpaper to purchasing decals!!

I decided to place the decals behind a not so tall cupboard in my bathroom.  The only thing that I read that concerns me is the word large or giant....hope the flowers are not to big!

which brand and name of the decals are u interested in? If it says giant - I'd expect it to be very large.

Honored Contributor

@kivah this is what I purhcase:   Roommates Lisa Audit Garden Flowers Peel and Stick Giant Wall Decals.  

I sure hope I can use them...I plan on placing a cupboard in front of them with the flowers peeking over top of the cubboard (which is not real tall,). Also want to use in the same decals on a small 4 drawer cupboard...I was going to place the decals on the drawers and try to wrap around the edges, make sense?).  I am assuming one package will do what I want to accomplish.

I am not wowed with the finished walls that I had a skim coat put on then sanded smooth (bathroom).   I should have gone with my first instinct and had the walls slightly textured, but I listened to the professionals..never again.

They are not horrible but I am a bit of a fussy person when it comes to things like this...and so irked with my self, it's my fault.  Smooth is nice but it is not a 'perfect; job like I had expected.  

Anyway I am hoping that using the decals will help cover a few of the spots that I don't like.

If you look at what I purchased let me know what you think!  Good or bad.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New product to me...

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@kivah this is what I purhcase:   Roommates Lisa Audit Garden Flowers Peel and Stick Giant Wall Decals.  

I sure hope I can use them...I plan on placing a cupboard in front of them with the flowers peeking over top of the cubboard (which is not real tall,). Also want to use in the same decals on a small 4 drawer cupboard...I was going to place the decals on the drawers and try to wrap around the edges, make sense?).  I am assuming one package will do what I want to accomplish.

I am not wowed with the finished walls that I had a skim coat put on then sanded smooth (bathroom).   I should have gone with my first instinct and had the walls slightly textured, but I listened to the professionals..never again.

They are not horrible but I am a bit of a fussy person when it comes to things like this...and so irked with my self, it's my fault.  Smooth is nice but it is not a 'perfect; job like I had expected.  

Anyway I am hoping that using the decals will help cover a few of the spots that I don't like.

If you look at what I purchased let me know what you think!  Good or bad.

Beautiful --- makes the walls or cupboard come to life. My Roommate Lisa Audit Butterfly Peel & Stick set has the words "Spread your wings & fly." This morning I placed it on the wall running along my stairs. Inexpensive updates.