Respected Contributor

New Shipping Label Printed Directly on Plastic Bag

This is a first for me from anywhere. No paper glued on. I tried wiping it with a wet paper towel and nothing came off.  I wonder if it's a test or has QVC bought some new equipment? Seems like a good idea unless the bag gets torn right at that spot.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Shipping Label Printed Directly on Plastic Bag

@PickyPicky3 - I recently received a shipment like that as well. I think this is the way some vendors choose to ship items to cut costs; I've also gotten packages from Amazon vendors that used this approach.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc   -  Are you OK with it? I think it's fine, unlike the new Dr. Scholl's combination shoe/shipping box. New does not always mean better.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 - Yes, it was fine by me for two reasons: First, as you noted, the ink didn't come off and the delivery was perfect, so the packaging seemed to work. Second, this meant they had to include a paper invoice and return slip in the package instead of using the awful multi-part labels, so if I needed to send something back (I didn't), it would be pretty simple.

Honored Contributor

Lately I have thought some of the "bags" they use aren't really bags at all.  I think they are plastic sheets made to fit the items enclosed.  They appear to have been cut and sealed after the items are inside.  These are the plain white "bags" not the ones with the "Q" on them.  Sometimes it is hard to find the strip to pull open because you can't tell which side is the "top" of the bag.

Respected Contributor

it's their way of making it difficult to make a return. They think we're dumb but it's easy to get around if you know how to do it.