Honored Contributor

Even if I had a Q card, there's no way I'd be paying interest.  If I can't afford to pay off the easy pays each month, I don't buy.  There's no interest fee as long as we pay by the end of the cycle --and I always charge on a card which gives me a percent or more back.   It's not much, but it's more than I'd earn at the bank!

On the other side of the interest coin, I noticed that my credit union just began to offer a CD with a slightly better rate than they've been offering. 

Trusted Contributor

Ridiculous. Why would anyone use this card.  Pay cash or at least pay in full every month.

Valued Contributor

I'm done with my Q card now! It is crazy. The Easy Pays sneak up on you, too.

Valued Contributor

The EZP sure can sneak up on a person can't it, @IMissSuperPoke?!  The EZP days are the ones I try to really limit myself on, because it is too easy to let it get away from me, then the tally at the end of the day is a smack in the face, lol.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

As my parents used to say, "If you can't pay for it  in cash, you don't need it."  I don't own a credit card  - keeps me from making spur of the moment purchases.  If I want something, I save my money until I can pay cash.  Credit card interest can get you into deep trouble. 

In this day and age, I don't understand how people can get away with not having a CC. 

Valued Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi I know, I should have known better. I have charges waiting for the next two months. But, no more. Using income tax and avoiding watching the Q, but at least that bar that makes these pages jump on my Kindle keeps me from browsing their website. Ugh, but the raise in rates was awful, too.