Contributor

Well, I got my "Q" card statement from the bank stating the interest rates will be going up in April.  I guess that was the reason for all the hype to use the Q Card for E A S Y Pays.

After 29 years and never being late, I find it a slap in the face.  This is what it took, for me, to stop shopping the "Q".  Very sad.    Just My Opinion. Thanks for listening .  

P.S.  I know the Q Card is not in the hands of QVC, but wouldn't you think "They" could shop around for something better for their customers? 

Esteemed Contributor

Could you give us an idea of what the interest rate is?   Similar to a department store - i.e.,   20% or above?   I use my debit card for Q purchases and that way it comes out of my checking account so I never have to pay interest.  Love it!

Honored Contributor

I pay my credit cards off each month.  However, for the most part, these days I prefer to use a "Rewards" card, rather than my Q card.

Valued Contributor

I don't have a Q card anymore. I had one years ago, but decided to get rid of it. I don't know what the new interest rate is but I'll take a guess that it is around 25%. Store cards always have terribly high interest rates so I never use them unless it is for a large purchase like an appliance and it is interest free for a year or more. I always make sure to pay it off well in advance of the end of the free interest term. QVC's extra easy pay offers are meant to entice people to get the card. I am not sure who profits from the high interest, QVC or the issuing bank or both. Either way, those hight interest rate cards are very dangerous.  

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Could you give us an idea of what the interest rate is?   Similar to a department store - i.e.,   20% or above?   I use my debit card for Q purchases and that way it comes out of my checking account so I never have to pay interest.  Love it!

I wouldn't use a debit card with Q - too many mistakes are made (i.e. with return postage, etc) and a hassle to get them fixed.  

Just pay off your Q card each month and you still don't have to pay interest.

Respected Contributor

As my parents used to say, "If you can't pay for it  in cash, you don't need it."  I don't own a credit card  - keeps me from making spur of the moment purchases.  If I want something, I save my money until I can pay cash.  Credit card interest can get you into deep trouble. 

Contributor

States: APR for Purchases 26.24% (will vary with the market based on prime rate).

Aslo, Late Payment Fee Rising "Up to $37.00".  This affects any Transactions made after 4/22/16.  I am giving the basics.   There are quite a few of ifs, ands, buts on this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Interest Rates

[ Edited ]

Is this the first time in 29 years the rate has been increased?  I guess I don't understand why this is a slap in the face.  My credit cards have increased over the years.  Sorry you feel so upset over this.

Trusted Contributor

This is why I don't have a Q card, although the 3 easy pays all the time would be nice at almost a 27% interest rate it is just crazy !!!  Not for me no matter how much they try to push it, it's just to easy to over buy and then at the end of the month you can't pay off the whole thing and when that happens you end up paying three times what the items you purchased are worth.  No thanks

Esteemed Contributor

The interest rate on the Q card is why I paid off my account .... I don't need to pay it off over 3, 4, 5, or 6 months ... If I can't pay for it I don't need it .... sometimes it makes it easier for me to NOT buy the item.