Honored Contributor

Re: Negative Remarks Regarding Hosts

[ Edited ]

@_O_ wrote:

I agree @RavensGirl .  I personally have a "thing" for humor and personality in just about any situation, and enjoy seeing that alot on the Q.  However, some really get caught up in the day to day complaining about too much laughing, too loud, TMI, please no dancing, dont share your personal life, hair is too messy, not the right color, awful outfit, blah blah blah. Zzzzzzz

@_O_  @Anonymous032819 @RavensGirl 

And yet something is happening in Q land....sales had been flat for several quarters and in the most recent report sales declined overall and this was for on-air products only...so I guess viewers must love, love, love the silliness, dancing, and its all about ME host approach----watching less equals less sales.  

pomgirls.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Adding some humor, personality and fun to the program is not the reason for dropped sales, but you keep on with that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter worked for several different auto dealers.  Every one sent out questionaires to their customers who bought vehicles and/or had repair service done.  The  questionaires asked the customer's opinions of their experience with the dealer including employees' job performance.   If the questionaires weren't returned in a timely manner,  a friendly phone call was made requesting that the customer please fill it out and return.   These reviews went to corporate and if a certain percentage  were negative, the owner of the dealership was made aware of the situation and was expected to fix any problems.  Dealerships  lived and died by the reviews and, yes, people lost jobs.  

The customers who gave their opinions were not professional auto mechanics or auto sales people. They were more important, they were customers who bought cars and paid to have repairs completed.  In other words, they are who keep the company in business.

We are often chastised here for our opinions regarding QVC hosts because we don't know the difficulties of doing the job.  I do not know anything about auto repair or sales, but auto companies want my opinions, why doesn't the Q?

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

My daughter worked for several different auto dealers.  Every one sent out questionaires to their customers who bought vehicles and/or had repair service done.  The  questionaires asked the customer's opinions of their experience with the dealer including employees' job performance.   If the questionaires weren't returned in a timely manner,  a friendly phone call was made requesting that the customer please fill it out and return.   These reviews went to corporate and if a certain percentage  were negative, the owner of the dealership was made aware of the situation and was expected to fix any problems.  Dealerships  lived and died by the reviews and, yes, people lost jobs.  

The customers who gave their opinions were not professional auto mechanics or auto sales people. They were more important, they were customers who bought cars and paid to have repairs completed.  In other words, they are who keep the company in business.

We are often chastised here for our opinions regarding QVC hosts because we don't know the difficulties of doing the job.  I do not know anything about auto repair or sales, but auto companies want my opinions, why doesn't the Q?

@this is my nic.  You have many more people watching QVC than going to one dealership. With QVC it may even out with the likes and dislikes for hosts.

I see hosts some don’t like that I do and vice versa. I’m just not sure how it would work. But if you would like that email the moderators to bring it up with someone in charge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@_O_ wrote:

Adding some humor, personality and fun to the program is not the reason for dropped sales, but you keep on with that.

People aren't just complaining, we're doing what we are saying...If a host is annoying to a viewer, we are neither watching nor buying...That's basic math...Howcome the "fan club" cant generate enough sales for these hosts.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@this is my nic 

WELL SAID!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

@this is my nic.  You have many more people watching QVC than going to one dealership. With QVC it may even out with the likes and dislikes for hosts.

I see hosts some don’t like that I do and vice versa. I’m just not sure how it would work. But if you would like that email the moderators to bring it up with someone in charge.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Its not just one dealership....everywhere I go retailer and service companies has sent or given me a survey to complete:

Instacart

Walgreens

grocery store

AT&T

Bank

Doctors Office

Kirklands

Pier 1

Target

Best Buy

Macy's

Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Customer comments seem to be important or companies are wasting a lot of time and money....

Honored Contributor

Panera Bread and Starbucks send out feedback forms too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Interesting. I rarely visit the QVC community sites. When I do, however, I have never read a negative comment about a host because they are always deleted by a QVC moderator. 

Respected Contributor

@Monamar wrote:

Interesting. I rarely visit the QVC community sites. When I do, however, I have never read a negative comment about a host because they are always deleted by a QVC moderator. 

Huh?