Trusted Contributor

Negative Remarks Regarding Hosts

I wonder why the moderators pick and choose which Host bashing they delete and which they leave up?  I have observed that any negative remarks made abot Shawn are immediately deleted and yet for example the two different threads bashing Antonella are left up as other host bashings have been untouched.  Hmmm, wonder if that is in her contract?  I personally dislike the bashing threads because we are all have feelings. However, I have read threads about Shawn that  were not bashing just remarks regarding her hosting and they were still removed.   I seldom watch the Q live so I really don't care how they act or what they wear and think people who are bothered by them are watching way too much. Lol.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Negative Remarks Regarding Hosts

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I wonder why the moderators pick and choose which Host bashing they delete and which they leave up?  I have observed that any negative remarks made abot Shawn are immediately deleted and yet for example the two different threads bashing Antonella are left up as other host bashings have been untouched.  Hmmm, wonder if that is in her contract?  I personally dislike the bashing threads because we are all have feelings. However, I have read threads about Shawn that  were not bashing just remarks regarding her hosting and they were still removed.   I seldom watch the Q live so I really don't care how they act or what they wear and think people who are bothered by them are watching way too much. Lol.

Some call it host bashing, i call it critique,  based on her inability to do her job correctly.  I know some get overboard with her sense of style, but she really needs retraining and some knowledge of how she makes the customer feel when trying to purchase their products. The moderators should show the bosses what the complaints are about,after all we are their bread and butter.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the moderators have the time to read all the threads.  I think most of the deleted threads are reported as inappropriate, then the moderators look and decide.  I guess there are more comments about Shawn, so more threads.

Valued Contributor

I think it is fair to give criticism of a host’s job performance, but tone and eloquence is an important factor. Some contributors ruin what would normally be acceptable criticism by being crude or distasteful in the way they express their opinions. It seems like the moderators give these people a break, because they realize that not everyone expresses themself in the same manner. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People get ugly and nasty with their host comments and then justify it to themselves as constructive criticism and fredom of speech, and hosts work in a profession that they should be able to take the heat, and on and on.

Its one thing to say I did not care for Nellies hairdo tonight, instead of saying Nellie look horrible with that nasty hairdo.

But, as I said people will justify their hatefullness.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have no doubt we have posters here who will report what they think is inappropriate about their favorite host, in a heart beat. The mods have to look like they are doing their job and of course they are not robots so they have opinions that rule how they do the job. There is no reason these critical posts about the hosts looks  and job performance or lack there of should be deleted unless the posters are cursing them. The Q wants to know how the hosts are coming across to the customers. SK has fans and those fans buy from her and that's all the Q cares about. I don't expect negative posts about SK or AS to stay up very long. Although, I enjoy critiquing the hosts, I know it won't change things so I just will not buy anything from those hosts or any host who doesn't do her job.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching the Q because of some of the hosts and their presentations.  I don't know them as friends nor do I know them as anything but sales people on a TV channel. Whatever I say about them is based not on their personal lives but Q lives.

Obviously we all have certain hosts we like and dislike and it is our choice whether to watch their shows or not.  I have my opinions and insight on the type of host they hire. I have never bought an item on the Q based on the sales people because I know it is their job to sell and every item they have on their shows is wonderful, priced great, lovely and all positive, they will never say anything negative.  In reality I as a consumer, know this and therefore I am the only judge of what I buy and can afford.  If I like an item it is my choice only.  I am able to shop on the Q site without a presentation and if I need one, I can see the particular video on line .  

Personally I shop all over, I love being out and about and going to stores, the Q is convenient for when I need it but I support the stores in my area which meet all of my needs!  This is me and how others shop is their way, choices and options, that is what I like.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

People get ugly and nasty with their host comments and then justify it to themselves as constructive criticism and fredom of speech, and hosts work in a profession that they should be able to take the heat, and on and on.

Its one thing to say I did not care for Nellies hairdo tonight, instead of saying Nellie look horrible with that nasty hairdo.

But, as I said people will justify their hatefullness.

@Imaoldhippie 

Bingo!  Critiquing job performance is an employer/employee function.

Justifying one’s gossip & maligning of others as critiquing is arrogant self-justification, plain & simple.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@Calcgirl: Not necessarily true that people who are bothered by a host watch too much. How is watching a one hour presentation during any given 24 hrs considered too much. I may not even watch the whole hour. By what you are saying, if I watch 5 minutes into a show and can't take the host anymore, then I am watching too much.

Honored Contributor

Of course, I have no idea what instructions the mods have.  I just know when the tone I read would make me want to leave the room if I were hearing it in person, that's when I've been trying to teach myself to leave the forums and read, or clean, or go for a walk.