Honored Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornbeck - one of your very best!

Count me as one who just could not enjoy Nancy no matter how hard I tried...she has come a long way and I can agree that she is a down to earth and beautiful person.I watched her for awhile the other night and it was enjoyable.
Respected Contributor

Nancy is very good at jewelry shows. She is studying to be a Gemologist which makes her jewelry presentations with real gemstones interesting. She also persuaded me to buy a Bronzo Italia necklace after her wonderful presentation. I am glad I listened. She was right - the necklace is a ""wow"" with nothing but 5 Star reviews. I have never seen her do anything else but jewelry shows. With those she is great.

Super Contributor

I agree that Nancy is one of the most enjoyable hosts for me to watch. Like others have noted, at the beginning it could be a bit rough at times, but I still liked her - she had a sincerity and "innocence" if you will, that came through. Through time she seems to have really honed her skills and has undergone a wonderful transformation to what I think is one of the best. The knowledge she has gained in regards to gemstones makes her one of my favorite for the jewelry shows.

Honored Contributor

She has come a long way and I really enjoy watching her. I commend her knowledge of gemstones. She is always dressed so nice and is very pretty. Nancy is doing a great job.

Honored Contributor

I like Nancy too, because she's down-to-earth and not phony. But sometimes she's too wired, like she's had way too much coffee, and I have to change the channel. At those times, I do worry a bit for her.

Honored Contributor

....She does stutter and fumble over her words a lot.

Honored Contributor

With just about every host on QVC, it's taken a few shows for me to decide if I liked them or not. With Nancy, I liked her immediately. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Contributor

On 4/6/2014 sparklestar said:
On 4/6/2014 hulagirl said:

Ever since she started, I gave her chance after chance because she was a nightmare to watch. She was all over the place....hyper, singing, flitting around the set, voice tone that would crack rocks.....drove me nuts. I gave up even trying to watch her.....if she's as great as you all say, there must have been a miracle performed....glad she's doing so well.

Sometimes it would be best just to hold your tongue.

Sometimes it would be better just to respect a difference of opinion

Contributor

On 4/6/2014 sparklestar said:

It was a nice post to start. What would some people do if they didn't have something to complain about.

Scold other people!

Honored Contributor

I really like to listen to Nancy talk about jewelry ... she's very knowledgeable. I just wish she wasn't selling GOLD tonight!