Respected Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback chopped her hair

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I don't think it's the hair length that made her look older. It's the gray hair. 

I think it's a combination of both @santorini.  She's too young to go completely gray or partly gray.  I have to admit, she looks great with her new 'do.

It seems that Nancy is just the right age to decide how she wants to wear her hair. Imagine that!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I must be out of step. I thought that was a "before" look and she would then style her hair. Messy hair or not, she is a pretty lady.

Respected Contributor

Don't like it at all. she had the BEST short hair cuts...chic...not old lady short...

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JONNYSBRO I think a good haircut so often takes years off of lots of women over 40.  It gives some oomph and lift, and doesn't drag your face down.  

@Sooner 

I so agree!  Every time I think I want to grow out my hair, the longer it gets the older I look & everytime  I ask my hairdresser to chop it off.  She just laughs as if to say, "I told you so".

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@JONNYSBRO I think a good haircut so often takes years off of lots of women over 40.  It gives some oomph and lift, and doesn't drag your face down.  

@Sooner 

I so agree!  Every time I think I want to grow out my hair, the longer it gets the older I look & everytime  I ask my hairdresser to chop it off.  She just laughs as if to say, "I told you so".

@SurferWife I am about to do that to my self-styled and cut, shoulder length Covid flip I have developed.  It''s like a flip from the 60's and it just does that.  On it's own and I'm sick of it I tell you!!!!!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I remember in the 90's I would blow-dry my hair with that 60's flip.  It was back in style then.  I did wear my hair longer then but I was in my late 20's/early 30's.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife It is the oddest thing--mine just does it.  It did it in the 9th grade, and it does it now!  I wash it and go to bed with it damp and there it is the next day--Marlo Thomas like!  LOL!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I always liked her with short hairSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Long or short coiffure, I have always thought she is beautiful, and cannot recall a look I did not like; YET!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Long or short coiffure, I have always thought she is beautiful, and cannot recall a look I did not like; YET!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

Take a look at the video, you might reach your YET.

I must say though that her natural sweetness really shines through in spite of the hairdo.