Esteemed Contributor

Re: My UPS order left of at the USPS ???

On 7/11/2014 okiebug said:
On 7/10/2014 kittymomNC said:

"Tendered" and "Electronic Shipping" means they received the info that your package was coming. The Post Office hires a third party trucking company to pick up bulk packages at warehouses that service online companies. So, your package shipped out the 8th, was delivered the 10th - still 2 days. All the moving around was just computer transfer of information.

Actually I was surprised that it was even in my town all that time - the last time something came by mail it came to my town, then left and went to what I think is some kind of sorting center in a town 20 miles away, and then came back to my town, and then the next day was out for delivery. So from the time it arrived here until I got it was 3 days after it got to my town....makes no sense at all to me.

Super Contributor

Yes, do choose the drop down menu for shipping at QVC and ask for UPS GROUND. I hate the UPS/Mail alliance. It slows things down. You would think shipping should get faster, but it has made it slower. HSN uses it too. I used to get my beauty purchases from them in one to two days- but them popping it into the mail from UPS (UPS SUREPOST) has slowed it down by 2 days (now it takes 3 to 4 days). Seems like we are going backwards here!

That's why I LOVE Amazon prime. They get my package to me in two days anyway they can- UPS, USPS, FED EX, or Ontrac. They even have given me Sunday delivery. They have me spoiled beyond belief, and I like it {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

Ugh, so many companies are using this "Smart Post" method! I hate it! Recently I got lucky though and UPS will delivered it to me anyway. I tracked the item that was supposed to go from UPS to the USPS but the tracking showed a message saying something like "we will deliver this item as we will be in your area today." Yay!