Contributor

My DVR Cut Off the Final Minutes of Lisa's Last Show... What Did I Miss?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what happened in the last few minutes of Lisa's Posh Finale last night?

My darned DVR stopped recording at the end of a pre-recorded video message from various vendors and hosts. There's a man that I don't recognize (with a small gotee beard) wishing Lisa well and then the show seemed to end.... Didn't Lisa make a final statement or anything?

Was that the end of the show, or did I miss something? I thought Lisa would have the final words, or they would have at least show her joining all of the guests at that "party" in the background......

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My DVR Cut Off the Final Minutes of Lisa's Last Show... What Did I Miss?

She was so choked up all she could say was thank you and then she buried her head in someone's shoulder that was standing next to her. I love that lady !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

She did join all of the guests at the party, and then as twopeas said, all she could say was "thank you."

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Not much. Courtney bid her farewell, seemingly on behalf of everyone, a short video featuring comments from some hosts and vendors was shown, after which, the attendees, Lisa included, lined up to raise their glasses in a toast, seemingly as much to the audience as to Lisa. She was clearly overcome and only choked out a very few words. It was sort of anticlimactic... but I'm not sure there was any good way for it to end.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Then in fine QVC manner at the stroke of midnight, the IT department installed the new "Meet Our Hosts" site - new morning & new beginnings. {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Wishing you the best LR! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Such a totally silly event to begin with, but yeah, even more of a "that's IT??" at the end, like they ran out of time to do anything special.

And of course, she WAS just a sales person, nothing more.....so of course, at the stroke of Midnight, the "party" sound track ceased immediately, and the guy selling computers burst onto the scene, and the rest was history.

Esteemed Contributor

Luv2Watch, PeterDM in Home Talk forum shared this link to a YouTube video. If you watch the very end, you will see what happened as the final show closed. HTH!

http://youtu.be/N9Bu9VWA71s

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 stevieb said:

Not much. Courtney bid her farewell, seemingly on behalf of everyone, a short video featuring comments from some hosts and vendors was shown, after which, the attendees, Lisa included, lined up to raise their glasses in a toast, seemingly as much to the audience as to Lisa. She was clearly overcome and only choked out a very few words. It was sort of anticlimactic... but I'm not sure there was any good way for it to end.

ITA

It was highly anti climatic. I guess I expected a bit more.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 12/14/2014 winamac1 said:
On 12/13/2014 stevieb said:

ITA

It was highly anti climatic. I guess I expected a bit more.

Really, Win... I guess we all knew it would be 'business as usual' but I guess I expected a few brief snippets throughout the show... Maybe a few 'surprise' guests... Perhaps a few Lisa 'bloopers'... and clearly more than a garbled thirty second 'thanks, goodbye' at the end... It was pretty disappointing. I don't know, maybe they figured that since she's essentially been saying goodbye for months it wasn't necessary, but the show, as it transpired, seemed to lack the sense of closure that I think some were seeking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It was a dud. It was sell, sell, sell (I get it they are in the business to make money) with her in a fancy gown and cape with a train and then in the last minutes a video montage of vendors and host praising her. She says "Thank You" and they cut into Rick going hyper over a computer.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.