Honored Contributor

People, stop challenging moderation on these forums. It's a waste of time.

This is a privately owned site so it does not fall under the Constitution freedoms. Q can do whatever it wants. It's not censorship. It's not infringing on anyone's rights. It's a private site and belongs only to Q, not you or me. 

Sure, we don't always agree with moderation but that's called life.

Trusted Contributor

"QVC Community Standards for Participation:"

"Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religion, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees. 

All postings must be in English.

Moderation decisions are final - We understand it can be frustrating when you do not agree with our decision to close or remove a discussion that you feel is appropriate. However, once we decide a post or member needs to be removed from the forums, the decision is final."

Esteemed Contributor

If people don't like the moderation they can always find another forum that has more relaxed rules. It's not that difficult. Some act like this is the only board around. They need to branch out more instead of complaining. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

It's none of my business if posters want to complain.  That's between them and the real, professional moderators.

This seems to be a dictate from a wannabe.  It's not even worded as a request; it's issued as a command, an order.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart  You are so right.  People don't follow the rules, then whine about their post getting deleted.  It's just silly.  

Honored Contributor

I can only control myself.  What others do will have its own consequences.  I follow the forum rules.  

I leave it to the moderators to do their job.

Those that don't even take the time to read the rules, or arrogantly ignore them and/or challenge them, get all their useless effort deleted.  Makes no sense, but I've seen a lot of posts here that make no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

So many good people have left. Boards now are bland

and uninteresting. People are either scared of others

jumping on their opinion and starting a 'flame' with others joining the mob or figure it's a waste of time to

post because it will get poofed.

I like the information you can glean and the most recent world news. Only reason I stay.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart   Perfectly stated........the lack of understanding regarding freedom of speech is amazing.  This is a public Forum within a privately owned site that requires you to sign in and adhere to the rules required for participation.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

So many good people have left. Boards now are bland

and uninteresting. People are either scared of others

jumping on their opinion and starting a 'flame' with others joining the mob or figure it's a waste of time to

post because it will get poofed.

I like the information you can glean and the most recent world news. Only reason I stay.

@SharkE 

and so many good people are still here.......

wanting to continue and enjoying the boards even as they are now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I try to follow the forum rules and really try not to ruffle any feathers; my feelings have been hurt in the past by some "attacks" on what I say but then I try to remember that those people don't know me and it shouldn't matter. I do find it comical when someone says something, then follows it up with "I know I'll get this post poofed by saying...". Reminds me of little kids who push their mothers buttons and try to see how far they can get before mama explodes! I'm just glad the forums are still here and would miss them if they were removed. There may not be as many posters now and I don't know any of y'all but I do enjoy communicating with those remaining. I think y'all are important!