Super Contributor

My daughter in the Department Store wears an XL.  Bought her Stan Herman bathrobe yesterday.  There were only two sizes to choose from.  Missy or Plus Size. This is going to be a Christmas present.  I ordered the Plus Size for her but now I am rethinking this.  Need opinions please.

Honored Contributor

@Fribwl   You didn't view the size chart/measurments prior to purchase?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Does your daughter live at home?  Measure something from her closet, maybe a sweatshirt or something loose and compare to the garment measurements.  You want loungewear to be loose and non-constricting.  You click for measurements at the end of the text describing the item. 

QVC's Christmas return policy went into effect today.  Anything can be returned until 1/31.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Missy or Plus Size?

[ Edited ]

A 1x would probably be okay.  The sizes are similiar and they overlap.  An XL is  usually a size 18/20 in misses. The woman's sizes usually have a little more room in the upper arms and bust. 

Regular Contributor

I wear an xl at a dept store but purchased a 1x Stan Hermann plush robe from QVC a few years ago. I like plenty of room in a wrap style robe and so this robe is perfect..goes over my sleepwear without being too bulky. By the way the robe has held up well for five years now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fribwl. I have a few Stan Herman robes.  I think the plus size will work well; probably very comfy for her.

Btw, his robes launder very well and hold up.

Super Contributor

@grandma r , Thank you very much.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@Fribwl. I have a few Stan Herman robes.  I think the plus size will work well; probably very comfy for her.

Btw, his robes launder very well and hold up.

@grandma r    I have two of Stan's robes different styles, that I bought about the same time.  Both lasted through about 3 launderings, then the zippers broke.  No, I'd say they don't hold up.  Cheap materials.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Fribwl wrote:

My daughter in the Department Store wears an XL.  Bought her Stan Herman bathrobe yesterday.  There were only two sizes to choose from.  Missy or Plus Size. This is going to be a Christmas present.  I ordered the Plus Size for her but now I am rethinking this.  Need opinions please.

Hi @Fribwl... I normally wear an XL in tops but for bathrobes and nightgowns I wear Plus size (1X). I love Stan Herman's winter bathrobes and they wash really well! 

Honored Contributor

I ordered one too --for me in the missy but if I were to order for my DD, it would be the plus size---she is bigger but would want more room in something like that robe--in fact if I think the one I orderd for me is not roomy--I will send it back for the plus size-----