Esteemed Contributor

They pack in dry ice in styrofoam cooler. I always order from Burgers Smoke House. The summer griller pack is what I order every year. I just ordered mine yesterday. 

it has strip steaks and filet mingnon and burgers. It's so goooooood! 

Valued Contributor

I ordered their country fried chicken with the white gravy once and when it arrived, it was completely thawed and had to be discarded.  However, QVC refunded our money.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

2 day shipping in a cooler with dry ice.  I'm in Texas and never had a problem.  My UPS doesn't come till 6.

Esteemed Contributor

@TW wrote:

Awesome.  Thanks.  I was concerned because they never mention shipping in their presentations.  We will have upper nineties already. 

@TW  ... if your temperatures are in the upper 90’s I wouldn’t order meat from QVC ... i live in NY & I have had meat come totally frozen & other meat come defrosted with zero dry ice left in the box ... it’s risky 🙃

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I would never order meat unless I know how it's shipped. Even if it's shipped UPS I would hesitate because my UPS delivery is almost always after 6 pm so it's been sitting in a hot truck for over 12 hours. I belong to a couple of wine clubs and I suspend shipments until October. I live in Arizona so no deliveries of any type of perishable foods from late April until October. I don't care how well it's packed in dry ice or whatever. 

My UPS man told me it will survive 4 or 5 days in the trucks.

Honored Contributor

i've ordered from Omaha Steaks and Great Alaska Seatood and never had a problem. It always arrives frozen.  I don't order meat or other food from Q -- I ordered meat once and threw it out because it was awful.  Besides, you can usually find better for a lower price elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

I too, have ordered from Omaha meats with no issues--just placed a big order a few weeks ago when I read meat may be in short supply---will get it on May 5th but they replaced the pork chops with chicken fried steak as pork is no longer available----not sure about those steaks--never had them or cooked them before---not a fan of breaded stuff---I guess if I don't like them I can let them know----

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hopefully customers have enough sense to know meat is not going to sit unfrozen in a hot truck all day.  Of course it's going to be shipped frozen in dry ice.

@Kachina624  I wish you would stop using so much common sense.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

it seems to be that they always mention how the item is packed and shipped for meat products.....have been hearing it for years.

if you look at the product pages for meats they also include this information:

Dry Ice Info

This item will arrive within 2 days of shipping. Each package is shipped in Dry Ice, ensuring the contents will arrive cold and ready for storage in your freezer.

What is Dry Ice?

Dry Ice is another term for solid carbon dioxide. You know that carbon dioxide ("CO2") is the gas we exhale every time we breathe. When CO2 gas is compressed, it changes to CO2 solid.

Why do we use Dry Ice?

Dry Ice is very cold. In fact, its surface temperature is approximately -110°F, much colder than regular ice, which has a surface temperature of 32°F. Because Dry Ice is so cold, it is an excellent refrigerant to keep perishable food products cool until they arrive to you, the customer.

Why wasn't any Dry Ice remaining when my package arrived?

Dry Ice has special properties that are much different than regular ice. This is due to the chemical differences between water and CO2. Ice will melt to liquid and then evaporate as a gas. Dry Ice skips the liquid phase and changes from a solid directly to a gas. This change is called "sublimation." The dry ice used in the food products we offer usually lasts between 24 to 36 hours. Since we ship our products in 2 days, it is common for little or no dry ice to remain by the time you receive your package. However, your food will still be cold - ready to be put right in your freezer!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor
So OP asks a simple question and has to endure a ‘you’re so stupid’ reply. These forums are just a simple way to chat- Keeping it casual without too much judgement. Please.