Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe they should lower the host's salary instead of..

On 4/11/2015 NJ4Jays said:

heres an idea ... stop using 2 hosts for 1 show and then you would need less host's and therefore less salaries being paid out.... Just a theory..., I mean I really dont need a cheering section when I go to shop for clothes {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Hosts get a salary; they are not paid by the number of times they are on air. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 lldaisy said: Jacs mom, I read here on the forum a little while ago one of the host's worth was five million, true or not I don't know. We did have a bad time for a while and almost everyone else we know was affected in one way or another. Just wondering what is going on with the q. Bad judgment on my part for starting post.

Most people are aware that you don't get wealthy from the salary ... you get wealthy from having investments ..... stocks. bonds, real estate, etc etc. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

This is a very interesting blog. I do agree with many points and disagree with some. I do not believe lowering the salary of hosts will resolve the issue of higher prices. QVC just has extremely high overhead costs. That said, they have to compete in a retail climate that increasingly offers online sales. Take a look at Amazon. It offers such a huge selection of anything you probably want at low prices, with free shipping with an order of $35 or more. And quick delivery. They do not have the massive overhead of QVC, and their founder has publicly admitted he is not concerned about making high profits. So everyone has the opportunity to compare prices with online retailers before they buy from QVC. I do. And surprise, the more money one has, the more they are smart about spending what they have. I just ordered a new Dooney I wanted - almost $300 at QVC - for $178 with free shipping at Amazon. On another note, I do agree that certain hosts seem to do a lot of bragging - their obviously expensive homes, second homes, expensive trips, their education, their family's "background," etc. Got some news for them. First, this is not smart. QVC has all types of customers and should appeal to all types of people. Second, only insecure people brag about what they own, where they have been, their degrees, and what their daddy did for a living. The more people have, the more low key they are. There are hosts who are humble, and they are my favorites. If anyone saw jealousy in this initial blog, perhaps there are some hosts who seem to inspire this.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 4/8/2015 lldaisy said: Jacs mom, I read here on the forum a little while ago one of the host's worth was five million, true or not I don't know. We did have a bad time for a while and almost everyone else we know was affected in one way or another. Just wondering what is going on with the q. Bad judgment on my part for starting post.

Most people are aware that you don't get wealthy from the salary ... you get wealthy from having investments ..... stocks. bonds, real estate, etc etc. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Absolutely!
Honored Contributor

It's doubtful hosts salaries will be reduced to lower prices. If prices are too high, it may be time to find another retailer that better fits your budget.
Esteemed Contributor

Selling is a ""burn out"" job. They should receive very high salaries.