Trusted Contributor

Re: MODEL SIZES - PLEASE STATE!!!

I like knowing the size, as well as whether they've sized up or down on an item.  I wear a size Large, so I tend to focus on Jackie (Jacqui?)  If she pulls on an item, or it shows her lumps, I know it will show mine.  However, I am having more luck at stores these days because of the increased cost of QVC clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I especially appreciate it when they tell us how tall the models are so I can get an idea where the length of pants, skirts, or dresses might be on me.

Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate all sizings from models, vendors and hosts if they're wearing the item. Talk about the product's fit, inseam, rise, fabric, where the waist falls, does it run small or large,etc. More talk of the product that will help the customer, so they don't have to return b/c lack of information. Less talk about where we can wear the clothing. Most can figure that out.

New Contributor

I know many that shop QVC in the manner that you do - myself included.   If one is able to compare their height, body type and lastly clothing size to a particular model - why not if it works!!

For the read the "size chart" customers - I'm simply saying... the "size charts aren't always true to size.  Knowing if a model sized up or down could make a different to the buyer as well as their wallet. 

Some host do mention sizes and some don't.   Some talk about everything except what is being presented on air - while the models are waiting to present the item.

Yes, knowing what matches a item is helpful but present the on air item first.... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kneko wrote:

I know many that shop QVC in the manner that you do - myself included.   If one is able to compare their height, body type and lastly clothing size to a particular model - why not if it works!!

For the read the "size chart" customers - I'm simply saying... the "size charts aren't always true to size.  Knowing if a model sized up or down could make a different to the buyer as well as their wallet. 

Some host do mention sizes and some don't.   Some talk about everything except what is being presented on air - while the models are waiting to present the item.

Yes, knowing what matches a item is helpful but present the on air item first.... 

I like it when they have the knowledge to show what items go well with the other. Too bad not many hosts are capable of doing that. That's one thing Angel does with QF, and she must sell a lot doing that. Angel also gives pertinent information....

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I like knowing the size, as well as whether they've sized up or down on an item.  I wear a size Large, so I tend to focus on Jackie (Jacqui?)  If she pulls on an item, or it shows her lumps, I know it will show mine.  However, I am having more luck at stores these days because of the increased cost of QVC clothes.

Jackie is wearing so much Spanx, it's a miracle she can breathe.

I thought the hosts most always do ask the models what size they're wearing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

"click here" 

On every item, the exact measurements for each size. No need to know what the models wear, since often they can't even close their jackets!  

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

During fashion presentations, the models profile is shown.  Their profiles are shown when the camera goes to the models.

From the statements in this thread, you guys are not seeing the model profiles????

I just saw this for the first time today, while I was zipping through a recording of Carolyn's Tuesday a.m. D&Co show.

Honored Contributor

IMO the models do not represent the average woman in height or weight so how can you get an idea of how a garment will fit you by how it fits them!  I get it,the fashions look best on very tall thin women, but that's not who is buying the clothes.I'm petite and thank goodness the Q has a few normal sized petite models or I would not buy any fashions from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mac116 wrote:

Jackie is wearing so much Spanx, it's a miracle she can breathe.

I thought the hosts most always do ask the models what size they're wearing.

Yup..........you can actually see the Spanx.    So much for the "no lines"...........   You ain't foolin' anybody, folks.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥