New Contributor

MODEL SIZES - PLEASE STATE!!!

I can't  speak for everyone but it would be very helpful if the host and clothing line rep would state the sizes the models are wearing.

At times, they seem more focus on what matches the item on air instead of helping the buyer select the correct size.

Shipping & handling  along with return fees add up!!  

The end  result being...a deal not really being a deal or worstt yet the item selling out!!!

Thank you!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: MODEL SIZES - PLEASE STATE!!!

I LOVE Heart that idea.  It would be very helpful

Esteemed Contributor

I agree telling women in the 50 - 60 -70 age range how to mix and match is a total waste of time..........and model information isn't much help either - I hear.....How tall are you Marie?  How tall are you Suzanne?  - and - -  Are you wearing an extra extra small or a extra small or a small?  And the full sized models don't like to admit to wearing extra extra large or extra large, so I don't see where host chatter helps anybody.  Use the size charts and then 'guess'.

New Contributor

I agree!!  - but heck even the size charts are even off.  I find myself looking at the on screen size chart, the item description size chart , my "normal size" and even worst what size  I already have at home in the same designer line.    Nothing is consistent!!

QVC makes a lot of money off their customers .  I'm not bashing them, just  simply saying an educated consumer is your best customer!   End result... everyone is happy!! 

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I agree telling women in the 50 - 60 -70 age range how to mix and match is a total waste of time..........and model information isn't much help either - I hear.....How tall are you Marie?  How tall are you Suzanne?  - and - -  Are you wearing an extra extra small or a extra small or a small?  And the full sized models don't like to admit to wearing extra extra large or extra large, so I don't see where host chatter helps anybody.  Use the size charts and then 'guess'.

So well said !!!!

Honored Contributor

@fthunt   I don't think it's a matter of the models not wanting to tell their sizes.  I just think there are almost no models left who wear L or XL or 1X.  I can't even think of one who is consistently a M.

And for me, even thoe who are larger always seem to be tall with wide shoulders and I still can't figure out what size I might need.

I buy 99+% of my clothes brick and mortar and dread the day when I can't do that.  Even if shipping and returns are free, I hate doing it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care a diddlysquat about what size the models wear.  Why would I?  I'm not buying clothes for the models.  And I do care about coordinating pieces and the price...lol   I never understood the obsession with the model's sizes.  Even you happen to be an xxs like a model or 1x like a plus size model; no two bodies are exactly alike.  You can't judge fit by what something looked like on another woman on tv.  I like to see how the stylist style the models, I get ideas from them and I like to see how a garment moves but when I need to find my size, I go to the size chart. 

Honored Contributor

During fashion presentations, the models profile is shown.  Their profiles are shown when the camera goes to the models.

From the statements in this thread, you guys are not seeing the model profiles????

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Actually, there are several models who aren't XXS or XS, including Mary, Maria, Jessica, Aida, Kerrie (sp?), Kathleen, Toni, and a couple of newer women who wear L or XL. In my viewing experience, many hosts DO tell what sizes the models are wearing -- several are particularly good about it, but perhaps a few not as much. With that said, I don't think it's always particularly helpful. I think more information would be given if the models stated whether they were wearing their "usual" QVC sizes or had sized up or down, etc.

Respected Contributor

SEPARATES PLEASE!  I hate buying sets of things like the top and shorts they showed a few days ago...I wear a larger top than bottom, so if I purchase the top to fit, the bottom is too big...wish they would sell tops and bottoms separately...good example would also be C. Hochman and S. Herman pajamas, and the 3 and 4 piece ensembles CH sells...so tired of returning items (going to post ofc, paying for return shipping)...not worth the aggravation,

find myself shopping at all my favorite stores again.