Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

QVC and the hosts really stretch the truth about beauty products but I had to laugh when Shawn actually said the tsv brush " will make your skin look younger." A brush!

Oh C'mon! 

Yes, I've already changed  the channel.

@ellaphant The host will say anything to get the sale. There is no brush or makeup that will make your skin look younger. I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of their mouth. 

So true and the vendors make unbelievable claims as well. Everytime Josie's on she goes on about how her argan oil products will get rid of wrinkles.  How can she say that?

Respected Contributor

It seems they dis ontinued the Clairosonic so they could sell something new.  Always the latest and greatest to get us to spend money.  It seems everything I buy anymore gets new and improved, so when do I believe them?

Regular Contributor

If you bought all the things that they say will make your skin look flawless, your makeup go on better and the things that make your skin look younger, you could go broke. If this was the case the skin and complection of the hosts would look a whole lot better. They are aging as nature intended...some are good, some are not so good. There are products that you can purchase in the drug stores that work as well or better, and they are a lot less expensive. 

Respected Contributor

@DasMEM2 wrote:

If you bought all the things that they say will make your skin look flawless, your makeup go on better and the things that make your skin look younger, you could go broke. If this was the case the skin and complection of the hosts would look a whole lot better. They are aging as nature intended...some are good, some are not so good. There are products that you can purchase in the drug stores that work as well or better, and they are a lot less expensive. 

Totally agree! I buy beauty beauty products from Amazon -pure ,organic argon oil, Hyaluronic acid, retinol at a fraction of the cost of QVC. I have not purchased a beauty item from Q in years. They are untruthful about results! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lol SHAWN, REALLY????

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant "I have not purchased a beauty item from Q in years. They are untruthful about results!"

Have you also noticed the before and after photographs that they use to show how effective the lotion, cream, etc. is against wrinkles.  It is so obvious that in the before picture the model is smirking, frowning or making some other kind of facial expression to enhance their wrinkles.  The after photographs show them stone faced. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting you mention the before & afters as many I look at I don't see much difference. Maybe a slight softening of the lines, but I think any serum/moisturizer would do that temporarily.

Super Contributor
@Chris915, I am sure the reason Clarisonic discontinued its cleaning devices is because they had an abysmal shelf life. They would just stop working as soon as the warranty ran out - even if you didn’t even use them - and the company would not stand behind them. I saw so many complaints online, same thing over and over. Now I suppose I should have used mine more often, but I did not expect it to just DIE, refuse to charge, after a few months and be out $150 or so.

I do like the concept of the tool and definitely feel I get a better cleansing when I use it. I was never going to buy another Clarisonic, but I did purchase a Michael Todd CleanSonic Petite which has lasted about 3 years now with no problems whatsoever. So the concept works, but Clarisonic could only market an inferior product. I wasn’t impressed with the reviews fir the Foreo or its clones.

Do these devices make us look younger? I don’t know, but getting the dead surface skin off and stimulating blood flow can’t make you look older.
Super Contributor
@Chris915, I am sure the reason Clarisonic discontinued its cleaning devices is because they had an abysmal shelf life. They would just stop working as soon as the warranty ran out - even if you didn’t even use them - and the company would not stand behind them. I saw so many complaints online, same thing over and over. Now I suppose I should have used mine more often, but I did not expect it to just DIE, refuse to charge, after a few months and be out $150 or so.

I do like the concept of the tool and definitely feel I get a better cleansing when I use it. I was never going to buy another Clarisonic, but I did purchase a Michael Todd CleanSonic Petite which has lasted about 3 years now with no problems whatsoever. So the concept works, but Clarisonic could only market an inferior product. I wasn’t impressed with the reviews for the Foreo or its clones.

Do these devices make us look younger? I don’t know, but getting the dead surface skin off and stimulating blood flow can’t make you look older.

*fir >for