Valued Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock: Anyone else interested?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't microwave my L&L because I have found that it can too easily warp. But there is no fear of any toxins. L&L is made from polypropylene -- which does not contain BPA. It is totally safe.

Rubbermaid has a bpa free line that you can freeze, nuke and wash in the top shelf of a dish washer.They're stackable too.

Esteemed Contributor

I found the locking lids don't hold up so I don't buy them anymore.

Respected Contributor

To keep the lid from sticking....if I put something warm in a container, I push down all the lid locks except one....leaving that one unsealed makes it open easily when I take it from the refrigerator.  Once it's cool it's not an issue anymore.  

Valued Contributor

I  have alot of locknlock and over the years some tops have broken.The company has sent me several tops.They are so good to deal with.I doubt any other company that sells containers  similiar to these,would replace  tops that broke.I think they are the best!

New Contributor

I would love to see lock & lock come out with so measuring cups and even possibly measuring spoons.  I am not exactly sure what lock & lock is made of but the material washes beautifully!  I used to have cupboards FULL of Tupperware until I was introduced to my first lock & lock!  No staining, never greasy or sticky feeling, and does not hold the odor.  Measuring cups would be amazing made from this same material!  I have introduced my Grandma, my Mother-in-law, my Aunts and many of my friends to lock & lock and they all have converted.  One of the individuals use to be a Tupperware dealer and has converted.  The price is a good value, the product is amazing and when you combine QVC customer service with Lock & Lock customer service, it can't be beating!  Does anyone know how I can get in contact with Chris, from Lock & Lock?

Esteemed Contributor

How do you get the chemical smell out of the containers? 

Honored Contributor

@mosky

It's surprising, in a good way, what a reputable company will do to maintain their good name. Years ago I bought a car part, I don't remember it was an alternator or starter, but long story short it was defective. I had no problem getting my money back on the defective part but I called the company and explained that I was also going to have to pay for labor again! They sent me a refund for the original labor!

Thank you ladies for the hot tip! Pun intended LOL