Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson should launch her own shopping channel

@Beansey wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

I used to like her items on her Christmas shows here at qvc, but to me most of the stuff she is selling now looks like old stuff from walmart. I really find it hard to believe the stuff is selling out.  The only that even looks pretty good is her cashmere poncho. 

Yep, those ponchos are hot items. If you are a tribe member; it's a must. I don't get it. To me looks like just a rectangle that is pretty short in front. 

@BalletBabe. You may be super busy but hope you are doing better than last year. 

@Beansey   Yes much better, but it takes time.  Good news is my son was transferred to McDill air force base and that is a good thing.   My closest family member was 1,000 miles away.  So he is only 55 min away now.  

Esteemed Contributor

POsters keep bringing up the Lisa stalker story and I do not get where it is coming from. THese posters make it sound like this stalker issue is recent news.  ONe poster said she left QVC because of a stalker.  LIsa did have a problem with a stalker years and years ago.  SOmehow this old story about the stalker keeps regenerating itself like this is something new.  AS far as I know it is the same old story being brought up and refreshed over and over again for public consumption.

Honored Contributor

I thought her ponchos in the Spring were beautiful from the picture.  Really gorgeous colors.  If the item description had any real product information and if there were reviews posted, I may have considered buying one.  But I am absolutely never going to set an alarm to buy something at noon exactly, I think that is absurd and very disrespectful of customers time.  I also think her most recent ponchos look very different, not in a good way, very short in front and thin.  JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

POsters keep bringing up the Lisa stalker story and I do not get where it is coming from. THese posters make it sound like this stalker issue is recent news.  ONe poster said she left QVC because of a stalker.  LIsa did have a problem with a stalker years and years ago.  SOmehow this old story about the stalker keeps regenerating itself like this is something new.  AS far as I know it is the same old story being brought up and refreshed over and over again for public consumption.

@KathyPet  She did not leave because of a stalker.  It may have contributed to her decision, but that is not the only reason.   I just looked at her page on face book.  Don't look to me like she has the following she once did.   I do believe she had more then one stalker over the years.   It don't really matter, she did what she needed and wanted to do.   Sometimes you have to walk away from a job and try a new adventure.  I do think she would do better with reviews being posted and not having to buy anything only at a certain time.   Kind of a goofy set up.  I never purchased anything from her so I cannot comment on the quality, but I think the prices are terrible.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I thought her ponchos in the Spring were beautiful from the picture.  Really gorgeous colors.  If the item description had any real product information and if there were reviews posted, I may have considered buying one.  But I am absolutely never going to set an alarm to buy something at noon exactly, I think that is absurd and very disrespectful of customers time.  I also think her most recent ponchos look very different, not in a good way, very short in front and thin.  JMO.

Hi Mj12 with the dancing people.   I love that avatar.   I am not a poncho person.  Never saw anyone wear one where I live.   I don't really go to her site anymore unless I read something here and I want to snoop.  LOL    To me reviews are important and also good customer service.  Those are two things she is missing.  THat is one thing I like about QVC.  I have never receiived bad customer service and have been shopping here since day one.  

Occasional Contributor

You go to her website and sign up to receive email.  She sends an email when new items are coming...

Occasional Contributor

She may have an agreement with the Q that she isn't supposed to refer to them by name...everyone knows where she came from anyway.

Regular Contributor

I have a feeling Johhnys Bro keeps doing this posting about LR just to read the comments.  Sort of a rush or something like that.

Honored Contributor

@Karotsy wrote:

I have a feeling Johhnys Bro keeps doing this posting about LR just to read the comments.  Sort of a rush or something like that.

The OP posts mostly about Lisa, but not entirely. All of the threads, though, are about people, not mdse. Lisa, current hosts and other former hosts besides Lisa. That’s it. 

IMO, the “T-word” is the reason. Whatever will stir the most emotion and get people fighting, shouting, etc and most importantly, how many pages of posts a thread goes. I don’t buy that the person is a huge Lisa fan. They are just into pots and stirring.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Karotsy wrote:

The OP posts mostly about Lisa, but not entirely. All of the threads, though, are about people, not mdse. Lisa, current hosts and other former hosts besides Lisa. That’s it. 

IMO, the “T-word” is the reason. Whatever will stir the most emotion and get people fighting, shouting, etc and most importantly, how many pages of posts a thread goes. I don’t buy that the person is a huge Lisa fan. They are just into pots and stirring.

@Moonchilde  I agree with you on that one.   Kind of backfired  today cause no one is fighting.    LOL