Occasional Contributor

I just saw Laura Geller's presentation this morning, and she was talking about how much she has been crying lately, and thanked everyone for their support.  I must have missed what's been going on; I have been away from QVC for awhile.  Did someone in her family pass away?

Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Geller

[ Edited ]

Do we care? Everyone today is crying. Compassion fatigue.

Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Geller

[ Edited ]

@dogmom7 wrote:

I just saw Laura Geller's presentation this morning, and she was talking about how much she has been crying lately, and thanked everyone for their support.  I must have missed what's been going on; I have been away from QVC for awhile.  Did someone in her family pass away?

I saw on Instagram she lost her sister a few weeks ago.

Speaking of Laura...she wrote me the loveliest response when I mentioned losing my mom this year in a post she did about her 91 y.o. mom. I was telling her how my mom turned me on to her makeup, and loved her lipsticks etc....she really was so sweet and heartfelt in her response, and said my comment had touched her greatly. 

Ya know...others seem to make a big deal about people posting about presenters, sales people "we don't know" etc etc..some are rude as can be about it...but at the end of the day, we're all just people...sometimes, even though we don't technically know one

another...a few words of kindness and connection, even between strangers, can mean a lot.

To those who are so bugged by these posts...just move on. 

Honored Contributor

@dogmom7   Laura Geller's sister passed away suddenly recently.  It hit her very hard.  She talked about it on her Instagram page a little while ago.

It's nice to care about others, it's called empathy, and compassion for another human being.

Contributor

Her sister passed away.

Honored Contributor

@amyb  Beautifully said.

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate Some of us do care about other people. Life has been hard & a little caring & a kind word can sometimes change someone's world.

The same way a bit of meanness & an unkind word may be the undoing of someone's world. 

Which side of the scale will you add to?

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Did you eat nails for breakfast?

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

That's pretty harsh.  We should never get  "compassion fatigue"  as you put it.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@ahoymate  Not me. Can't remember the last time I cried.