Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lancaster QVC Outlet Closing

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Homeschooling Mom , this is the outlet at Rockvale Square, right?  I'm wondering why they wouldn't move down a few miles to the Tanger Outlets.  There's alot of empty stores there too, although it was still open when we were there.

As I recall, the Q outlet was very busy on weekends; many people took bus trips to visit.

@HisElk1, in speaking with a couple of employees in January, they told us that the Q Outlet was moving to the Tanger Outlets and that was why the store was so empty. 

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Is Reading still an "outlet" center?  When we lived in NJ, we would go there occasionally and always enjoyed it.  

No, not really.  We used to go several times a year.  The last time we were there,a few years ago, it was a wasted trip.

The building that held Reading China and Glass was empty.  The Vanity Fair building was cut back.  The basement floor was empty except for one or two food places.  Upstairs had merchandise, but not much.  There were no bargains.

My 
husband always always bought his jeans there.  The selection was sparse.

Our trip was disappointing.  Now, I mostly go to the Hershey outlets.  They are 20 minutes away and occasionally the outlets in Lancaster...   35 minutes away.

To be honest, outlet stores are not what they used to be anywhere.

Respected Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Homeschooling Mom , this is the outlet at Rockvale Square, right?  I'm wondering why they wouldn't move down a few miles to the Tanger Outlets.  There's alot of empty stores there too, although it was still open when we were there.

As I recall, the Q outlet was very busy on weekends; many people took bus trips to visit.

@HisElk1, in speaking with a couple of employees in January, they told us that the Q Outlet was moving to the Tanger Outlets and that was why the store was so empty. 

@LIG1 , oh cool.  Thanks for letting me know.  In that case, I may have to make a trip out there.  

Frequent Contributor

No, it is not.  VF moved out, all of the stores around there moved, and now it's a business center.  The outlets that were in town, one building burnt down years ago, and the others closed.  Rawlings Spots equipment is in Lancaster (Rockvale Outlets), and will relocate to a different store.  Reading China and Glass is now in Lancaster (Rockvale Outlets).  Reading lost their title of "Outlet capital of the world" many years ago with all of the Tanger outlets popping up.  Nothing could touch the pricing deals in Reading, though.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pezzie wrote:

@Homeschooling Mom   Sorry to hear that.  I used to go there from time to time.  Will Reading China and Glass be closing too?  I love that store.  

I just called Reading China and Glass, the employee that answered said they are staying. Love that store, also.
Also called Christmas Tree Hill and an employee from corporate answered, said they were staying. She said QVC will only have one store open, the one in Malvern.

I am sad about this store closing, i have been going to it since the early 1990's. 

I did speak to the group at the Malvern store, they just signed a new lease, but did not say for how long but they will be there for a while.  

Contributor

@sonson wrote:

@Pezzie wrote:

@Homeschooling Mom   Sorry to hear that.  I used to go there from time to time.  Will Reading China and Glass be closing too?  I love that store.  

I just called Reading China and Glass, the employee that answered said they are staying. Love that store, also.
Also called Christmas Tree Hill and an employee from corporate answered, said they were staying. She said QVC will only have one store open, the one in Malvern.

Thank u for the update. Sad seeing the outlets go away one by one.