Contributor

Re: LR referring to her followers as "Tribe"? Cult or tribe?

I don't call them/ her fans the "tribe" she does and they wear a necklace and bracelet that they buy from her that says "tribe " on them. I don't care about the term it's the cult mentality that stands out to me. If someone says "Lisa you look prettier with your hair down" a hundred "tribe members " attack the poor person " Lisa is perfect...what a rude comment... you are jealous... she looks great with any style hair. Fanatics are concerning even if they are LR's.
Trusted Contributor

This Lisa thing is very interesting.   I used to like Lisa and watched every Monday night.   Then.. the tides turned and she became very full of herself.    My take on her new venture and her "tribe" is that she is taking full advantage of her "tribe" members and for some unknow reason (to me anyway) the "tribe" members idolize her and will buy anything from her no matter what or the price.    It seems to me that you must have a very low self esteem to have to adore someone you have never met and to be very honest doesn't give a rats behind about you other than to make money.     Lisa, also, must need mucho attention and adulation.     I hope she's happy... will never know.    A small part of me doesn't think she is.   
"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ramineh wrote:
I don't call them/ her fans the "tribe" she does and they wear a necklace and bracelet that they buy from her that says "tribe " on them. I don't care about the term it's the cult mentality that stands out to me. If someone says "Lisa you look prettier with your hair down" a hundred "tribe members " attack the poor person " Lisa is perfect...what a rude comment... you are jealous... she looks great with any style hair. Fanatics are concerning even if they are LR's.

When I read a post like this (and several others here like it), I think:

1) How old are you?   Seriously.

2) Why are you so concerned about it?

3) Do you think you ought to alert the authorities?

4) SMDH

Honored Contributor

From Wikipedia...

"The term tribe... is used as a slang term for an unofficial community of people who share a common interest, and usually who are loosely affiliated with each other through social media or other internet mechanisms."

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I buy from LR's page occasionally when I find a piece of jewelry that I like. I'm in nobody's tribe nor do I admire anyone unconditionally...not my style. Some pieces aren't to my liking, I've sent some things back because they were too heavy (earrings) or not represented well in the picture.

I order from a lot of places online and not in their tribes or cults either. Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet Not true. Lisa has referred to her followers as a Tribe, and has stated many times in her videos that she loves the idea, concept, etc. She encourages her Tribe and has even provided a few pieces of "Tribe" jewelry for sale. One piece actually had "Tribe" engraved on it and another  was interpreted in the description as having a Tribe message/meaning.   

Granted, she did not come up with the term-her fan girls did. Lisa has said that she loves the idea and that anyone who is negative cannot be part of her Tribe. And by negative, I mean constructive criticism towards her, her business, the ordering process, lack of inventory, etc. it is more than okay with Lisa when her Tribe  is negative and goes on the attack towards those who offer suggestions and express disappointment.

Trusted Contributor

@Ramineh wrote:
I was wondering how others feel about that. Just my opinion, it sounds very much like a cult or a bunch of people blindly following someone which is always concerning. I noticed on Facebook no one can say anything even as a constructive suggestion or an observation about LR. You must worship her unconditionally or else. The "tribe" attacks right away. No one is absolutely perfect. Very confusing.

So @Ramineh, What do you think of those who follow Beyonce?

The BeyHive is the name given to Beyoncé's fan base. Fans were previously titled "The Beyontourage", (a portmanteau of Beyoncé and entourage). The name Bey Hive derives from the word beehive, purposely misspelled to resemble her first name, and was penned by fans after petitions on the online social networking service Twitter and online news reports during competitions. (Wikipedia)

What do you think of those who follow Lady Gaga?

While working on her second album, Gaga developed the theme of monster, both in physical form, and to describe her inner fear (Monster of death, alcohol, drugs, etc.). During the summer of 2009, she first started to use the name during her live performances to refer her fans. The name fit them well because her fans crawl and scream during her show like monsters would do. (Gagapedia)

Yes, Lisa is not an International star, however she does have a fan base, regardless of size.

~

For someone who doesn't care about Lisa, why start a thread?

Done with this ...

QVC Customer Care

closed for commenting  ****