Trusted Contributor

Re: LET DO A POLL HERE! 30.74%APR on QVC statement! WHAT THE HECK!!!?? INSANE!!

I have excellent credit but have just paid off my QVC card as well as 2 others with Synchrony.  My goal is to be debt free this year if possible and avoid the temptations of purchasing things I don't really need.  The interest rates are just too high for me.   I keep my personal bank visa for some purchases or emergencies.... Hopefully I can pay it off with my tax return.  I'm trying to be "frugal" as I my dad used to say....

Respected Contributor

I have no idea what the interest rate is on my credit card. I rarely use it and when I do, I pay  what ever the balance is. I was surprised yesterday when I was at the store to get a lottery ticket and the lady ahead of me bought $85.00 worth of tickets and put them on a credit card. I take a certain amount of cash out of my account each month for groceries, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

You do know that if you pay the billed amount you pay no interest. I use easy pay on everything and pay no interest ever. Do not pay minimum due. 

Same here pay off statement balance each month. I figure no bargain if have to pay interest.  Shopping on line is too easy.  Prices are high for a simple blouse.  I work in an office where jeans and tennis shoes is the way everyone dresses.  Do not need fancy and great bargains out in the stores.  

i will keep my Q card and I like easy pay but I have cut way back.  I purchased some gifts over holidays so easy pays to go yet.  When we got the card that was the one thing we both said. If you can't pay it in full every month then out it goes.  Kept our word.  

I want to retire next year so no extras for me.  

Honored Contributor

I paid off my Q card a couple of years ago, thank goodness.  30.74% is usury no matter what the fed rate is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just do not buy stuff any more. Shop the sales and Goodwill (even those prices have skyrocketed). We made a choice long ago to always pay in cash when we can and pay ccs in full.

I think most prices are outa sight. Even the TSVs are prices I cannot afford. 

A billionaire I once worked for said "live below your means".

$63.00 for Tennis shoes!!

$42.00 for a bra ''

$54.50 for Dream Jeannes give me a break!!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@mommytwins - I have excellent credit and my APR also went up to 30.74% as of January. As @Kachina624 noted, the prime rate for credit cards is regularly adjusted for alignment with federal increases and decreases, and the rates for the past year have been abysmal. (My other more traditional credit card has also had APR increases.)

However, all that said, the APR for my Q Card makes no difference to me; I've never paid a dime in interest. All you need to do is pay your minimum Easy Pay balance each month (or the minimum amount due if it is higher) and they truly assess no interest.  I'm sure I'm the customer they really don't want since I'm able to take full advantage of the benefits of a payment plan without giving them any extra money.  Smiley Wink

I don't get paper statements so I would have to go on line to check what the interest rate is, although I have always assumed that the CC company charges everyone the same interest rate regardless of their credit score.

That said, I never, never, EVER pay ANY interest on my credit cards.  I use the QVC and HSN cards to get the perks and occasional extra flex pay, but always pay off the balance every month. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

Don't use ez pay.

Pay your balance in full every month.

Don't pay interest to anyone.

I use EZ on everything I order.

Why not?  As mentioned, it is their money.....I pay my balance in full and never pay a cent of interest on any credit card.

If your balance is that high that the APR is such a concern, you are buying what you can NOT afford.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Why do all of you think they push their CC card so hard??   I would bet they have lost a lot.  I like others closed mine years ago.  Most have offers with cash back.  QVC's gives you nothing.  Get rid of your cards ladies.  

It is NOT their credit card!  Synchrony bank is the lender NOT QVC !

I have Synchrony w/ HSN, Lowes and other sites.  Never had a problem.

QVC does NOT sell life sustaining items, nor does HSN>

Running a balance on WANTS, not NEEDS is on my head. Not theirs.

No one holds a gun to my head to purchase.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I have no idea what the interest rate is on my credit card. I rarely use it and when I do, I pay  what ever the balance is. I was surprised yesterday when I was at the store to get a lottery ticket and the lady ahead of me bought $85.00 worth of tickets and put them on a credit card. I take a certain amount of cash out of my account each month for groceries, etc. 

A lot of people play the "rewards" game with their credit cards - they buy everything with credit, then pay it off, earning rewards but not paying any interest.  It works, but I don't have the discipline to do it myself.  I do it occasionally for big ticket items, i.e., I recently bought a sectional sofa, and opened the store credit card to get an immediate 10% store credit.  Paid it off immediately, and used the 10% to buy something else. 

Trusted Contributor

I told my DH about the rate last night and he had noticed it, he pays in full each month on our cards as well. We got in that habit with Amex so we continue it. I think our Homegoods is also thru Synchrony, I use that one periodically-I'm one of those that never carries more than 'coffee money' cash. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)