Esteemed Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

The rumor I heard about Jeff Hewson, prior to his death, was he was an alcoholic and had liver failure and was living in a nursing home.

@Magicrat   Wow I didn't realize he died.  Sorry to hear that.  I will never forget when Kathy gave Jeff that pig.  Or did Jeff give Kathy the pig?  Someone got a pig  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Magicrat wrote:

The rumor I heard about Jeff Hewson, prior to his death, was he was an alcoholic and had liver failure and was living in a nursing home.

@Magicrat   Wow I didn't realize he died.  Sorry to hear that.  I will never forget when Kathy gave Jeff that pig.  Or did Jeff give Kathy the pig?  Someone got a pig  LOL

@fairydogmother   I don't believe Jeff passed.  What I read is that he is in a nursing home due to a troke he had several years back.

Trusted Contributor

KL and Joan Rivers were the best comedy show on TV.

thanks @fairydogmother for the info. I hope I rememeber to

set the show to copy. Not interested in the ring, but would enjoy 

seeing Kathy again.

Honored Contributor

Has Kathy Levine or QVC made an official statement yet?  It seems strange to me that there hasn't been an announcement. 

If she was that popular (I only know her from the posts here on this forum), her return should be big news and marketed to try to get all her loyal fans to tune in and shop.  June 1 is right around the corner.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  I also read Jeff had a massive stroke years ago and is still alive in a home.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine returning

[ Edited ]

@HLP wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is she still alive? Must be ANCIENT 😄

Why would you say that.? Age is a number, you'll see someday.

@HLP   I am already ANCIENTWoman LOL

I'm 88 and I'm still young, and I think young. you need to reprogram your thinking, you are only as old as you want to be.

Thank you @HLP 

I keep telling my husband that!  I don't care what the calendar says....and he can't make me any older than I want to be!     LOLOL

@CJC 

Just because KL is in her 70's is NO REASON to pass the baton to the so-called 'younger' generation.

Honestly, I think a huge segment of QVCs customers ARE older....liked her...remembered her and MAY tune in.

I think it is an excellent marketing attempt!

I have banned myself from jewelry so better not watch!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Jeff Hewson is dead???  I didn't know that.  What happened to him --- anybody know???  He and Kathy always had this funny sparring on the Q. And he and Judy Crowell (sp) were married for a short time and there was somewhat of a scandal about this.  He definitely fell out of favor after that if I recall.  I never heard what happened to him after that.  He appeared quite charming on air and all the ladies loved him.  I miss the original days with Kathy, Bob Bowersox, Steve Coluntuno, Steve Bryant, and many more.  I remember the Dirty Jobs guy -- can't think of his name.  He was very funny, as well. Those were the days!   

@AngelPuppy1 you are thinking of Mike Rowe

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@fairydogmother Can't wait for the return of Bob Bowersox and Steve Bryant.

😂😂😂 Bob Bowersnooze and Steve "I'm really a Rock Star"Bryant 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine returning

[ Edited ]

So KL says she's bringing back the Kathy diamonique ring. Which was too big, gaudy and fake looking for my taste. 
I don't get how a recycled old host and outdated jewelry is going to reel in buyers. 

Like many ladies, I  bought loads of diamonique over the years. I've done a big jewelry purge. The only DMQ items I'm keeping are a pair of believable looking studs, and a pair of lever back drop earrings, also pretty and a believable size. And a tennis bracelet from JTV by Vanna K. Man that thing is gorgeous, especially because the carat weight is on the smaller side.
In this season of life, I want a smaller jewelry collection of  pieces that have particular meaning. Of course a few costume items are fun too, don't we all need some whimsy 😀

Another James Avery ring is expected in my mailbox today. That is quality jewelry if you like the artisan silver look 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

I never really watched her when I was buying Diamonique but I know she was popular with viewers. I bought many pieces of Tacori and other well-made pieces... there was a time when that line was very high quality and am still wearing them...and those I gave it to are still wearing theirs as well. The last pieces I ordered a year ago, after many years of not buying...were just awful. The backs on earrings broke after a couple of wearings, and the clasp on a necklace broke as well. No more for me. That line has sunk to the bottom in quality. She will probably appeal to first time buyers who don't know any better than to buy Diamonique now. Guess QVC think they can prop up the Diamonique line with her presenting it.