Respected Contributor
I can only believe that if Kathy read these comments and could post here she would just laugh say something like....Ah, come on people. She made a mistake. We all doooooo. She is pretty relaxed about the little things in life. I miss her. She was and still is the best host the Q ever had.
Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@MarnieRez3   On a side note, I briefly tuned in early in the AM (in AZ 3 hrs earlier than PA) and saw Pat presenting several items Sat and Sun and noted she started using the filler phrase "as well" several times in a short span of time.

I recall a # of yrs ago, a lot of chatter on this board regarding Pat's seemingly constant use of that phrase.  It was remarkable how she simply stopped using it one day and I didn't hear her use it for years.

Then, recently, her use of the phrase re-surfaced.

@pdlinda I remember that too.  Sometimes she said, "as well," at the end of consecutive sentences.  And you are right, she suddenly stopped, thankfully.  I hope that does not become a habit again for her.  It is a tough job, and sometimes I think they are on auto pilot.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know when Kathy left as a QVC host, but she was gone before I started to watch on a regular basis.  The few times I have seen her selling her jewelry, I found out why people really like her.  She is funny, not taking herself too seriously.  I did not hear the same phrases over and over again.  She is just so delightful to watch.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@chrystaltree
Wow, as usual, everytime I come back to post here, I remember why I don't. Thanks for reminding me.

@MarnieRez3 Don't take it to heart.  I agree that the host should have known how to pronounce her last name.  Has she never watched QVC when Kathy was on and heard her name?  You would think that correctly pronouncing the names of the vendors is one of the things they would practice before going on air.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

I highly doubt Kathy who is such a warm and gracious person, is expecting a muffin basket and note of apology.

I have a very hard to pronounce maiden name and my married name is even harder.  One gets used to various pronunciations and just roll with it not to make the other person feel bad.  

I have a last name that it hard to pronounce and lots of people mispronounce it. I  just ignore it and move on.  Not a big deal.

@CalminHeart My last name is pronounced exactly how it is spelled, and it is not hard.  Yet, people struggle with it.  I will usually say it outloud so they can repeat it and we can move on with the conversation.  I have always hated my married last name.  But it came with the guy, so I am stuck with it, lol.

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree 

That was a really snarky and unnecessary posts.

Valued Contributor
There are two ways to pronounce my surname. Our family uses the less common pronunciation. I have never “corrected” anyone else’s pronunciation of it.

Kathy’s pronunciation of her name is much less common than the traditional one. I’m fairly sure she stopped advising others of her pronunciation many years ago.
Esteemed Contributor

Recently, Alberti was selling the new brand shoe, Propet, pronounced propay. He pronounced the shoes Propet. The vendor didn't correct him, but she did very nicely include the correct name of the shoe in her sentence. 

Just an example of a host needing to do some work before a show.

I've heard host pronounce chic, chick. Someone in fashion, no!

Frequent Contributor
What I know about Mofeeta, she wears a size 11 shoe, she doesn't try on hats when presenting them, she will break-out in song whenever she feels the need to, she apparently used to be an actor ( I think she's still auditioning while on the Q), she's thoroughly annoying!!!!
Contributor

Wow, shell with a lot of W's, that's a really mean comment.