Contributor

Why are the zippers on their bags installed to open right to left, which is the opposite of most others? ....It seems very awkward!!  

Honored Contributor

I don't know.  I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out.  Maybe because they're from Belgium and that's how they do it there?

I'm new to this brand and recently bought two different bags and I love them.  It doesn't matter to me which way the zippers go.  I like the fact that the zippers are heavy-duty plastic and operate smoothly.

And, okay I'm "juvenile" as some have said on other threads - but I love the little monkey on the keychain!  

Honored Contributor

I just googled this and found some interesting info that someone posted on another website:

So, I contacted Kipling and asked why... this was the reply "We understand you have questions regarding the zipper direction of our handbags. Our handbags are meant to be opened with the front facing away from you."

I think the assumption by the company is that you will carry the bag on your right shoulder and, therefore, use your right hand to open the zippers.  As the majority of peope are right-handed it makes sense.

However, I carry mine on my left shoulder, even though I'm right-handed.  Still doesn't bother me.