Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Jill has a plan; it could take many different directions but she has a plan.  She has started a website on Facebook, Just Jill Bauer,and has been promoting it on air and on her qvc facebook page.  She wants followers and has stated this over and over so if you like Jill and are curious as to what is next for her then follow her at Just Jill Bauer on Facebook.  She has talked about sharing ideas of decorating and cooking and why would she do this if she did not have an idea of her "next act".  Reminds me of Lisa Robertson and her departure, she has a "tribe" following her.  Who knows if Jill's will lead to sales.  I cannot believe she is creating this page just for fun but has something in mind.  I wish her luck.

I would be surprised if Jill's plans are as concrete or thought out as all that.  Remember, most, if not all hosts that left QVC in recent years have all created their own social media pages on FB and IG separate from QVC immediately, and they spent a lot of time asking viewers to follow them "on their next journey."  It's the same modus operandi ,over & over.  Jill may be successful at a 2nd act in the public eye, but we won't know until we know.  It doesn't seem to me that she is leaving with an immediate plan. 

Albany Irvin, Jacque Gonzalez, Sharon Faetsch (although Sharon apparently changed her mind because the new pages she asked us over & over again to follow have been stagnant for over a year).  Even Lisa had to figure out what she would do and it took over a year to come up with her new business. 

When you've spent your career as a public personality, it's very smart to keep that viewership interested in you as long as you can.  That way, the next venture will have a ready-made audience and potential target market.  Smart.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched her FB chat with David over the weekend.  As I suspected, Jill never said a word about doing a recipe her way rather than the way "QVC wanted her to do it."    She did say she is planning on sharing recipes on her new social media and it will be nice to do the recipe the way she wants rather than building a recipe around a product.

Jill has said she hopes to be able to do cooking and decorating on her page but isn't sure exactly how it will work but she doesn't plan on selling stuff.

The funniest thing was as I was listening to the chat, I was looking at some of the comments scrolling and one was from a woman who asked if Jill followed LR and then went on to mention how successful LR is selling and just bought a farmhouse.  I wondered if that was Jonnysbro?  Woman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

When Jane Treacy left years ago she said we could all keep in touch with her on her website.  (This was before FaceBook)  I did and enjoyed the forum and made a good friend through it.   Jane also sold silver jewelry through her site.  I don't think it did very well and she did return to QVC.    I think Jill has some type of plan for a career, but may take some time off first since it is summertime.  Jill has a lot of different talents--I wish her well.  I enjoyed her show last evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally I don't like or dislike her- I really could not care less.   

Just thought I'd add my two cents like everyone else.  LOL

Regular Contributor

Jill  stated her show "your home with Jill" has been on for 19 years??? I don't remember it being on that long at all.  Lisa Robertson had the bulk of the decorating shows until she left.  Jill seemed to take over the spot when Lisa left and then did the holiday shows.  I really think they did not renew her contract.  I remember when she first started she had an attitude with one of the hosts, who she thought was making fun of her.  When she first started I didn't think she would last 25 years.    Antoinella was very honest on her 15 year show on Saturday and stated they didn't think they would renew her contract, but she had so much good feedback from the viewers they kept her.  It just depends on sales and how popular you are.  They seem to have put Jill's show on QVC2 and took her off the main channel.  I would think her family would be on her last show but then again if they didn't renew her contract why would they come to the studio and celebrate.  I'm surprised she is not getting involved with Valerie par Hill.  She did alot of designing with her.  Time will tell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@debmmm  Personally, I hope Jill does not work with Valerie. First of all, Valerie is perfect on her own and when Jill worked with Valerie, she had a tendency to "take over" and take credit for stuff.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

I agree with you.  Jill does try to take over, even when she just has the regular vendors on presenting products.   I personally think Lisa Robertson's shows were alot nicer and had a nice variety of beautiful decor at Christmas.  Yes it might have been a bit more expensive, but it was classic and you could use it year after year.  Some of the items on Your home with Jill were a little too trendy on the holiday shows. I like the classic decorations. 

Regular Contributor

some of the hosts have non compete clauses and I don't think they can just jump to another station or a similiar career  the moment they leave a shopping channel.  I think Lisa knew what she was going to do but had to wait a certain amount of time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Jill and Valerie have worked together on many products over the years; they are great friends and good partners. Valerie joined Jill last night for the last YHJ on Q2 and it was sweet to see them get emotional as they talked about Jill leaving the Q and reminisced about some of the items they've collaborated on. Valerie even shared a fun older photo of the two of them buried in a pile of artifical flowers with a couple of glue guns, trying to craft some floral arrangement ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

@debmmm wrote:

I agree with you.  Jill does try to take over, even when she just has the regular vendors on presenting products.   I personally think Lisa Robertson's shows were alot nicer and had a nice variety of beautiful decor at Christmas.  Yes it might have been a bit more expensive, but it was classic and you could use it year after year.  Some of the items on Your home with Jill were a little too trendy on the holiday shows. I like the classic decorations. 

@debmmm  I so  agree with you and @pattypeep  I've always felt this way .   Personally I will not miss Jill ,   Never been a favorite of mine.   I wish her well even though.