Trusted Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown really changed her hair style!

@Qshopper1991 The bun she wore was her natural hair brushed flat and gathered into a bun.  It is a popular style among Black girls, teens, and women much in the manner of thr single ponytail for many women (especially some White women wearing a baseball hat).

I think some may be confused about hair textures among women of African descent as well as some Jewish and other lineages,  There are plenty of hair magazines that include photos of various natural or texturized hairstyles. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Holy Cow!  Why does anyone care how someone wears their hair?  Long, short, inbetween!  This discussion has turned silly.

@Imaoldhippieyes it has, as most of the threads do now.  It's ridiculous. .

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh ........I totally agree with you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I love Jayne as a host, she is one of my favorites!!!!! I must say though that I did prefer her hair the other way, longer before. I think her new short cut is probably so much easier, and its not bad, but I personally just preferrred her longer hair.

She has a beautiful face and smile, so either way she is good!!!! It is just a matter of opinion and preference. I know she is very active with tennis and swimming, she mentioned they have an in ground pool so I can see where having the shortre hair is easier.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@SilleeMee Calling it "butch" may apply to women in some groups; as a reflection of their sexiual orientation/ gender identity.  However, it is a popular haircut for many Black women and has been for decades.  I have a variation of that style now. Not everyone wants long hair.

@Zernia Rose 

I was discussing haircut styles not orientation. Making myself clear.Woman Frustrated

That name, butch cut, is an actual name for a style of haircut. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I agree that her hair looks great and that she has a beautiful face.  I do think, however, the gray ages her and she'd look younger if she'd color it.  

@Citrine1 

The grey ages her HOW? And she'd look younger than WHAT?

She is going on 60 she is mature and most people 60 have some grey hair.  What looks bad is coloring  to cover and hide the grey....looks  so FAKE and OBVIOUS.  Like you are Trying too hard.  

@SeaMaiden why did you feel the need to insult people who color their hair because you disagreed with the poster's comment about gray hair being aging?  

There are many color jobs that are beautiful and doesn't make the person look like they are trying to hard.  That's ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's called a 'butch cut' for a reason b/c it looks masculine. 

What a lovely comment.  How nice to see women being supportive of another woman.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's called a 'butch cut' for a reason b/c it looks masculine. 

What a lovely comment.  How nice to see women being supportive of another woman.  

I'm not supporting or dissing anyone. I was simply stating a fact.

Regular Contributor

I think she looks great.  Hair color doesn't matter.  Beauty comes from within.  And, frankly, a confiednt woman who dares to defy appearance driven opionions and just be herself at her real age - is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Holy Cow!  Why does anyone care how someone wears their hair?  Long, short, inbetween!  This discussion has turned silly.

@Imaoldhippieyes it has, as most of the threads do now.  It's ridiculous. .

Maybe you will will be glad when QVC shuts down the forums for good @gidgetgh .