Respected Contributor

Re: It Has Begun — Mirrored Programming

Honored Contributor

Good grief.  Some posters here read exclamation marks into statements where there are none.  I never said it’s a big deal.

So to the old tired “turn the channel” mantras out there, this is a discussion forum.  I was making an observation about all the very recent QVC programming changes.  Interesting that they are, they also generate opinions and a discussion about the changes.  

If that’s too confusing, take your own advice and just move on from the post.

Esteemed Contributor

A poster's observations about programming are perfectly valid, and as newsworthy as some of the stuff that gets whined and moaned about on Community Chat!

Keep in mind that there is virtually nothing of a "current event" nature that is allowed to be discussed.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Interesting article if you care to read it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-02-06/qvc-s-plan-to-survive-amazon-and-escape-the-cable...

Thanks for the article link, @Winkk 

It strikes me that reporters often refer the the time "running out" on the clock as an incentive to buy.  Does anyone else think this is outdated reasoning?  Don't most people know that you can buy the item online at any time whatsoever?  Do people still think you can only purchase during the actual moments something is presented on air?

I suppose there are a few who still think that, but I can't believe the majority does.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I think the pre-recordered shows are intended for people who didn't see them when they originally aired.  I don't how many people actually sit down and watch QVC for entertainment now.  I know I did that 30 some odd years ago but I don't think many people do that now.  I think Q2 and Q3 are for shoppers who missed a program and want to see what they missed.  

Valued Contributor

Seems like any other random infomercial on multiple channels...

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

Interesting article if you care to read it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-02-06/qvc-s-plan-to-survive-amazon-and-escape-the-cable...

Thanks for the article link, @Winkk 

It strikes me that reporters often refer the the time "running out" on the clock as an incentive to buy.  Does anyone else think this is outdated reasoning?  Don't most people know that you can buy the item online at any time whatsoever?  Do people still think you can only purchase during the actual moments something is presented on air?

I suppose there are a few who still think that, but I can't believe the majority does.

-------------

I think that is part of David's selling game. "Hurry up, the red is selling out" or "We just sold 200 out of the 500 we have in stock, they will soon be sold out"!!  Drives me nuts and that is when I pick up the remote and change channels...

Respected Contributor

Very informative article @Winkk so thank you for posting it.  Bloomberg does an excellent job of reporting.  

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I think that is part of David's selling game. "Hurry up, the red is selling out" or "We just sold 200 out of the 500 we have in stock, they will soon be sold out"!!  Drives me nuts and that is when I pick up the remote and change channels...

Yes, David's shtick is so old, I wonder who falls for it.  Does anyone?  Maybe the seniorest of seniors!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper 

More channels doesn’t equal more variety. It equals more opportunities to see the same things. 

I dont know why why they bother with extra channels for reruns. What a waste. I stream everything and on the QVC app on my Fire TV Stick they have previously aired shows sitting there to choose from. I like that. I can find, say, a shoe program (nod to Jane Smiley Wink) and fast forward to find shoes I’m interested in. I don’t have the time or desire to sit and watch random shows start to finish (live or recorded) just in case they show something I might be interested in. If I’m watching a shopping channel I am looking for something to I want to buy. I’ll look quick and either find something I want to buy or I’ll go watch the next episode of GOT. Now there is something worth watching start to finish...