Super Contributor

Re: It Has Begun — Mirrored Programming

HSN2 has been around for almost 2 years  on HULU.  I didn't not know there was a QVC3 channel.

I've stopped watching it anyway.  I go online or use the app to see what's new and  what items I want to purchase if any! 

I do that with QVC and HSN, that way you don't have to be bothered if you don't enjoy the host.  The only time I watch live is Saturday morning  fashionshow with Leah.

Has anyone else notice Leah seems to be getting thinner and thinner?  She looks tired and her face does not look as healthy as before. 

She still looks good, just an observation.

Contributor

I agree. QVC has been struggling for many years, I am sure in part to e-commerce now. They had a niche for decades of being convenient, ordering items and having them delivered right to your door, but everyone does that now. The quality has faded and the value while by some standards might be decent, I think they could be impressive if corporate got rid of these constant free S/H days/weeks and just had them as a special customer appreciation day twice a year. 

Expanding the 2 new channels was never going to work without the introduction of new ideas/items. We don't need any more clothes, shoes, accessories or beauty products. That is all I ever seem to see these days except for the occasional cooking show and even those disappoint with the lack of new items, the same items, and the same spiel over and over like a broken record. I honestly don't know how the hosts can do it. Back in the day, there was a pleasant mix and variety every day unless it was a 24 hour jewelry day, or St. Patricks Day or All Day cooking event. There was Lee Sands, T-Fal, Diamonique, Bedding, Susan Graver, Yves Roche, Southwest Jewelry, home/garden. 

HSN seems to have the better programming now which I never thought I would ever say, but they are more like QVC in the days of old. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe more time and effort should be spent on

-improving one channel.-

-Texas Hill Country-
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I seldom watch QVC1 let alone the other channels they have.

Contributor

QVC3 has taken over what used to be Beauty IQ.

Contributor

I mentioned that to my mom not too long ago. I told her that I had not seen her in a long time as my work schedule conflicted to when she was on the air and when I finally caught a show with her on it I did not even recognize her. I kept thinking I know that voice but couldn't figure out who she was. Lately I have caught her on at various times and have heard her mention that she has changed her eating style and has lost weight due to that which I was happy to hear as I was concerned that she may have fallen ill.

Respected Contributor

I only watch the main QVC channel. (and I dont watch that one all that much)  I don't bother with the other channels. They dont hold any interest for me.  One is more then enough.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a good idea 'cause if there was a show I was interested in and missed it, I could catch it later.

IMO, Q3 never took off so perhaps this channel would be best for repeats.

I don't watch very often anymore due to lack of product variety and some hosts, I just can't take.

Honored Contributor

There is always a possibility that it is all temporary and there will be changes down the road.  Too early to be making snap judgements.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Maybe more time and effort should be spent on

-improving one channel.-

Ding, ding, ding!  You are absolutely right.  If they want to have two channels, dedicate one to clothing, handbags, shoes, cosmetics, etc.

The other channel can be everything else; household, decor, crafts, books, cooking, food, etc.

To show only 4 or 5 items during a 60 minute time slot is boring.  Just repetitive rambling and a lot of time leaving our valuable information.  

Goodness if they are presenting a product, ie air fryer for example; spend more time with close ups and demos on how the product works, not continuously yapping about colors or how much everyone needs this.  If I can't see in more detail how it works, I probably would hesitate in purchasing the product.